Students with a background in Japanese must write a placement test before registering in Japanese 1115. Students wishing to register in JAPN 1215, 1117 or 1217 who have a background in Japanese or have taken Japanese courses from another institution must also write a placement test. For any questions, please e-mail or contact an instructor in person or by phone.