Registrar and Enrolment Services maintains a permanent record of students' courses, credits, grades, and notations. An official transcript is a copy of a student's permanent record bearing both the signature of the Registrar and the seal of Langara College. There is a fee for official transcripts.
Students can login to myLangara to access their academic record or to order an official transcript. Official transcripts may also be obtained in person through Registrar and Enrolment Services. Requests by mail must be accompanied by a cheque. We cannot accept credit card payments by mail, fax, or telephone. Students must meet all obligations relating to fees, library books/fines, and borrowed equipment before the College will release an official transcript.
Students should order a transcript well in advance of the time for which they need it; transcripts may take a week to process. Students who require additional forms from licensing boards, graduate schools, etc., to be completed may receive their transcript within seven working days; however, depending on the complexity of the information requested, additional forms may take up to eight weeks to process. Supplemental forms must be submitted at the same time the transcript request is made.
Langara College only sends electronic transcripts to the following institutions at this time:
- Douglas College
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Simon Fraser University (SFU) Undergraduate Admissions
- University of British Columbia (UBC) Undergraduate Admissions (including UBC Okanagan)
- University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) Office of the Registrar
Students who need an official transcript immediately after final examinations should order it before the last day of classes. If you are registered in the current semester and require final grades, please select the "Hold for Final Grades" option. Final grades and updated GPA/CGPA is available on the day indicated on the Important Dates webpage.
Students who need a transcript quickly may request a "rush" transcript in person from Registrar and Enrolment Services. Rush transcripts are processed by the next working day. They cannot be ordered online, and they cannot be ordered for end of semester grades. There is an additional fee for this service.
There are three methods of ordering official transcripts:
- Online by logging in. Students must know their Langara Identification Number and PIN and make their payment by credit card to order transcripts online.*
- In person at Registrar and Enrolment Services.
- By mail. Fill out a Transcript Request Form and submit it, along with a cheque for the appropriate fee to:
100 W 49th Ave
NOTE: We do not accept orders by phone or fax.
*Due to system maintenance, this option is unavailable between 2100 hrs and 0100 hrs Monday to Sunday.
Costs for transcripts are as follows:
Regular Processing (5 Business Days) (see Note)
- $10.00 per copy
- $27.00 per copy
*Rush orders can only be made in person at Registrar and Enrolment Services.
NOTE: Students ordering transcripts who require additional forms from licensing boards, graduate schools, etc. to be completed, may receive their transcript within seven working days; however, depending on the complexity of the information requested, additional forms may take up to eight weeks to process. Students who need an official transcript immediately after final examinations should order it before the last day of classes.
- Transcripts for pick up will be released only upon presentation of appropriate identification or a letter of authorization.
- Processing times do not include delivery.
- Transcripts to be mailed are sent by regular mail via Canada Post. Tracking and courier service is not included with any orders. Langara College is not responsible for delivery times or lost mail.
- Regular Studies Transcripts will not include Continuing Studies courses.
- If you have any fees owing to the College at the time of transcript processing, you will not be issued an official transcript.
- Transcript requests are non-refundable. Changes cannot be made once your payment has been processed.
- Final grades and GPA/CGPA are updated and finalized on the day indicated on the Important Dates webpage. Grades are not final prior to this date.