All our French courses are university-transferable. Please check the British Columbia Council on Admissions and Transfer website for specific transfer details at

All questions regarding the UBC Faculty of Arts language requirement should be directed to the Arts Advising Office.

The Department of French, Italian and Hispanic Studies at UBC may not grant transfer credit for levels which are repeated within 5 years of obtaining the initial qualification.

For Simon Fraser University, the general rule is that all our courses count for unassigned first year credit, and you will need to take a placement test in order to continue. This SFU test may allow you to continue in second or even third year in some cases.

For other BC institutions, our courses often have a direct Transfer credit assigned. If this is not the case, you need to submit your transcript to the receiving institution and request individual evaluation.