volt | vōlt | noun | a unit of potential
VOLT is a volunteer program that provides Langara students with the opportunity to make new connections, learn new skills and gain experience while giving back to the community. When you join VOLT, you become a member of a community of motivated volunteers who have contributed over 105,000 hours since the program's inception in 2010.
VOLT also assists campus partners, non-profits and charitable organizations to recruit volunteers through referral, promoting opportunities on the C3 Job Board and hosting Volunteer Fairs.
The VOLT Volunteer Program empowers students to connect with rewarding volunteer opportunities on campus and in the community. The program promotes community engagement, social awareness, and student development through volunteerism and can help you make new connections, learn new skills and gain experience while giving back to the community. We encourage you to convert your energy to a good cause.
Why join VOLT?
- VOLT is flexible - you apply for the volunteer roles that work best for your interests, time available impact you want to make.
- You earn VOLT hours by volunteering in an on-campus role or off-campus role, providing it is with a not-for-profit, charitable organization or public service organization.
- You can gain experience, build skills, make lasting friendships and create memories.
- After logging 50, 100 and 200 hours, VOLT volunteers can apply for recognition through the VOLT Recognition Program
Where Can I Find Opportunities to Volunteer?
There are many places to look for opportunities on and off campus. A few places to start include, but are not limited to:
- Visit the Langara C3 Job Board
- Volunteer BC
- Volunteer Canada
- GO volunteer
- BC Parks
Ready to Join VOLT and be part of the Student Volunteer Community?
- Fill in an application to create a MyImpact Account
- Start searching for volunteer opportunities
- Begin logging your hours
Fill in an Application to create a MyImpact Account
Current VOLT volunteers
Log your volunteer hours in MyImpact
Log in to MyImpact
Have you submitted your volunteer hours?
Log My Hours
Making an Impact through VOLT
Since VOLT began in 2010, over 5,000 students have volunteered over 105,000 hours. That is the equivalent of 45 years of work on a 35-hour work week or $1.2 million in minimum wages. As a VOLT volunteer, you will be part of a community made up of changemakers, ambassadors, and community advocates who are making a difference at Langara and beyond.
Check out the profiles of three Langarans who made an impact through VOLT:
- Olimpia Cuesta (VOLT volunteer 2014-2021)
- Felipe Moreira (Post Degree Diploma Program in Business Administration, 2019)
- Maneisha Sandhu (BBA Accounting, 2015)
Are you a member of the VOLT alumni community? Take a trip down memory lane with VOLT recognition Flickr albums from 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.