The Langara Council is a forum for discussion and open consultation between the President and representatives of the College community. It provides an opportunity for the President and representatives of the College community to inform Council about issues relevant to Langara College. Langara Council must advise the President and recommend policy related to the following:
- College management/operations;
- strategic planning;
- internal and external communications;
- organizational structure;
- implementation of policies;
- student, instructional support and College services;
- plus all items related to College functions not specified by legislation as the mandate of Education Council.