Please refer to the information regarding general requirements for Admission and Application to Langara College programs.
- Completion of BC Grade 12 or equivalent, or be 19 years of age.
- One of the following:
- Successful completion of English Studies 12 or equivalent (see note), OR
- Successful completion of a post-secondary English or Communications course for which Langara College awards transfer credit, OR
- LET (Langara English Test) Level 2, OR
- LPI (Language Proficiency Index) Level 4 with essay 24, OR
- TOEFL (paper-based) with a total score of 550 or higher and an essay score of 4.0 or higher, OR
- TOEFL (Internet-based) with a total score of 80 or higher and a minimum of 18 in Listening, 20 in Reading, 18 in Speaking, and 20 in Writing, OR
- IELTS 6.5, OR
- CAEL 60 overall with essay 60, OR
- Successful Completion of LEAP Level 8, OR
- ELA (English Language Assessment) 145 offered by Vancouver Community College (VCC), OR
- Successful completion of VCC English 099
- Applicants who have attempted 24 credits or more of post-secondary study must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or higher.
NOTE: Applicants who completed BC English 12 or Communications 12 prior to September 2019 may use these courses to satisfy this requirement.
All admission requirements must be completed and documentation submitted by the following dates:
- Fall Semester: May 31
- Spring Semester: October 31
- Summer Semester: February 28
Please see the Business Administration (BBA) program information for admission requirements.
To be admitted and participate in the Co-operative Education Option, students must:
- Be enrolled in 3 or more program courses (minimum 9 credits), not including EXPE 2300 (formerly BUSM 2300/COOP 2300);
- Achieve and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.6 in each term;
- Successfully complete an employability assessment interview with a Co-op instructor; and
- Complete EXPE 2300 (formerly BUSM 2300/COOP 2300) with a 'C' or higher.
Also see Co-operative Education Programs