May 2, 2016
Vancouver, BC – Langara College is opening its doors to teens this July and August with a range of summer camp programs.
Teens aged 13-17 years are invited to experience all that Langara has to offer with the Langara Summer Camp program. Students can choose from 16 different camps delivered by instructors from Langara’s university-transfer, career, and continuing education programs.
“Summer camps can be an important experience in a teen’s life,” said Langara camp coordinator, Eleanor Clarke. “We think our camps offer a unique opportunity for teens to learn more about the things they love.”
Students can choose from a range of one and two-week camps in arts, business, computer coding and design, geography, journalism, and writing. The full list of camps is available on the Langara Summer Camps website.
Clarke added, “Our camps have been developed with teens in mind, and each include a range of hands-on activities. When they go back to school in September, teens will be able to tell their friends that this summer they built an app or computer game, wrote their own cartoon script, made a film, or learned a bit more about the world around them.”
Camps start at $275 per camp and will run 9:00 am – 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday, from July 4 to August 12. All camps will be held at Langara College’s main campus, located minutes from the Langara-49th Skytrain station.
Discounts are available for Langara employees, alumni, and for multiple camp bookings.
For more information and details on how to register, visit www.langara.ca/summer-camps or contact Eleanor Clarke at 604.677.0198.
- Unleash the Filmmaker Inside
- Introduction to Digital Music Production
- Capture Your Summer: Teen Photography Summer Camp
- Phoneography: Not Your Ordinary Photography Course
- Graphic Novel & Manga Camp
- Introduction to Coding and Game Design
- Game On! Advanced Coding for Game Development
- Get Apped! Make Great Personal Android Applications
- GEOcamp: Discovering The World Around You
- Journalism – 3 camps available covering Broadcast TV, Online Reporting and Photography, and Radio News and Sports Reporting
- Business Start up Bootcamp: From Idea to Dragon’s Den