General Career Questions

Visit Langara’s C3 online job board to view full-time, part-time, and casual jobs posted by employers looking to hire students and recent graduates. You may also want to check out other external job boards such as Indeed or LinkedIn.

We offer career workshops and resume reviews for students every semester. See the career workshops page for more details and registration.

Remote jobs are when you work from home. See tips from CEWIL Canada about working from home.

Co-op Questions

Each Co-op work term is a minimum of 420 hours of work, which can be completed as 4 months of full-time work or 8 months of part-time work. Contact us at if you have any questions.

The Co-op program is available for students in select program areas. To get started with the Co-op program, students must first take the pre-requisite course, EXPE 2300. Upon completing the course, students can submit a Co-op application.

If you have already completed EXPE 2300 and are looking to submit a Co-op application, login to C3 and complete the Co-op application found under the Experiential Learning section. If you have any questions, contact

Learn more about How Co-op Works.

International students enrolled in a program with a co-op option available may apply for the Co-op program. Upon acceptance into the Co-op program, students will receive documentation to help them apply for their Co-op work permit. Please note that the processing time for the Co-op work permit can take from weeks to months.

To reduce the spread of COVID-19, students and employees should avoid all non-essential travel outside of Canada. Please contact your Co-op instructor if you have additional questions.

Contact your Co-op instructor to review the job description for approval.

Contact your Co-op instructor to discuss. If the cancellation is related to COVID-19, you may, however, please reach out to your Co-op instructor to discuss the best approach.

Contact your Co-op instructor to discuss potential options in response to COVID-19 such as remote work, a later start date, or postponing the position to the following semester. It is best to register for academic courses for the upcoming semester.

a. A co-op work term would satisfy the BBA Work Experience Requirement. To get started, you must first take the pre-requisite course, EXPE 2300. Upon completing the course, students can submit a co-op application.

b. Students who have past work experience, relevant to their field of study may consider requesting a Flexible Assessment to fulfill this requirement. To discuss this option, email

c. Students who have not taken EXPE 2300 and have secured a position relevant to their field may consider requesting a Practicum. To discuss this option, email

A Flexible Assessment (BUSM 3000) is an evaluation of completed past work experience. The completed experience must be a minimum of 420 hours and the job description requires approval from a co-op instructor. To initiate a Flexible Assessment, email Please note that these requests will only be accepted during the first six weeks of the fall and spring semesters and the first three weeks of the summer semester.

Learn more about the BBA Work Experience Options.

Post-Degree Diploma (PDD) Work Experience Questions

The minimum hours of work for a PDD Work Expereince Term is 300 hours. Contact us at if you have any questions.

Students who have a confirmed work placement should contact their EXPE instructor for approval of the work placement.

In the PDD Business Administration and PDD Marketing Management programs, there is a mandatory Work Experience Term (EXPE 4814) in the final semester of the program. Before this work term, students will take three preparatory courses (EXPE 4801, EXPE 4802, and EXPE 4803) in sequential order, which will prepare students for their Work Experience Term. For each of the courses below, students will have a course instructor who will guide them through this job search process. Students should contact their course instructor for information regarding the course details and their work term.

  • EXPE 4801 – Career Goals, Resumes & Cover

  • EXPE 4802 – Interviews and Your Professional Image

  • EXPE 4803 – Employment Search Strategies

  • EXPE 4814 – Work Experience Term

To request an extension letter for either your co-op work permit or study permit, contact the International Education department at To update your co-op work permit letter, contact

Students can contact their current EXPE instructor for support with questions regarding their work term.

Any questions regarding your work permit or study permit should be directed to the International Education department at, as they have coordinators who are RCIC or RISIA certified.

Employer Questions

We invite you to post employment opportunities on our C3 online job board viewable by our students and recent graduates. We welcome job postings for full-time, part-time, and temporary paid positions within Canada at no cost to the employer. To post a job, please create an employer account on our C3 job board and submit a job posting.

For regular full-time, part-time, and casual jobs, you can login to your C3 job board account and adjust the expiration date. For co-op jobs, please contact

Contact us at with the job description of the position(s) you are hiring for. A co-op instructor will review your job posting to see if it qualifies for the co-op program.

If the work has changed due to company adjustments to COVID-19, some options to keep the student working and contributing are to:

  • allow the student to complete tasks working from home change the work the student is doing to meet your immediate company needs such as research, logistically supporting company employees working from home, investigating business tools to meet immediate needs, etc.

  • explore funding sources to offset the cost of the student

ACE-WIL BC Co-op Funding Resources
Resources from the provincial co-op and work-integrated learning association.

BC Tech Co-op Grant 
Get up to $20,000 per year in funding to hire co-op students, whether you’re a technology-based company looking to grow or a non-tech organization looking to grow your innovation footprint. There are two programs available: Employer Grant and Innovator Grant up to $10,000 per year in funding. Note: Some international students may be eligible.

Canada Summer Jobs Program
Not-for-profit, private and public sector employers are eligible to receive funding for up to 100% of the provincial or territorial minimum hourly wage for each employee.

Get Youth Working! Program
Offers employment counselling and up to $2,800 in wage subsidy to employers.

Innovate BC Resources
See the funding options outlined by Innovate BC to help you hire a student.