The Co-op and Career Development Centre brings you Career Talks a series of career panels that will feature experts from a variety of industries. Each panel will focus on a different theme including hiring trends, science & tech, business, and more. These panel talks are open to all registered Langara students and are free to attend.
Fall 2023 Events
The Career Talks series has concluded for the Fall 2023 semester. Thank you to the industry experts, students, staff, and faculty that joined us this semester. Career Talks will return in the Spring 2024 semester. Check this page for updates in January 2024.
Talent Acquisition and Hiring Tips Talk (online via Zoom)
Learn about hiring practices in Canada including Co-op programs and new grad hires.
Monday, September 18 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm
- Andrea Lindsay, Senior Recruiter Early Talent Acquisition, RBC
- Manisha Owan, People and Culture Advisor, TELUS (Alumni)
- Milah Woo, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Vancouver Airport Authority
- Stefan Trifu, Talent Partner, WorkSafeBC
Business Career Talk (online via Zoom)
Learn about student and new grad programs, and types of work within these organizations.
Thursday, September 28 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm
- Arun Kumar Mahesh, Account Executive Business Solutions, Rogers for Business (Alumni)
- Ashley Hipson, Talent Acquisition Manager, Enterprise Holdings
- Katrina Liu, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Sherwin Williams
Project Management Career Talk (on campus)
Join us to hear from Project Managers in the areas of health, tech, retail, and more.
Tuesday, October 3 | 5:30 pm–7:00 pm | T Building Gallery
- Emily Chan, Project Manager Infrastructure and Healthcare at Provincial Health Services Authority (Alumni)
- Isabel Ferreras, Project Manager at Premium Brands Holding Corporation
- John Scheidegger, Project Manager at EarthDaily Analytics (Alumni)
Marketing Career Talk (on campus)
Hear from digital, event, promotional marketers, and agency marketing experts.
Wednesday, October 18 | 5:30 pm–7:00 pm | T Building Gallery
- Julie Wang, Founder and Lead Digital Strategist, Tiny Planet Digital
- Rolf Skala, Branding Strategy and Articulation, Coast + Jam
- Tatiane Procopio, Senior Communications Manager, TELUS (Alumni)
- Thomas Golka, Coordinator, Marketing & Citizenship, RBC
Criminal Justice Career Talk (online via Zoom)
Come meet specialists from the government, public, and private sectors.
Monday, October 23 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm
- CBSA (Canada Border Service Agency) – Tracy Letain, Recruiter, Superintendent, Human Resource Branch
- Correctional Services Canada – Reetu Rode, Parole Officer Supervisor
- Ministry of Attorney General, Prosecution Service of BC – Emmanuelle Rouleau, Crown counsel, Commercial, Police and Regulatory Prosecutions Criminal Appeals & Special Prosecutions
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) – Melody Hilliard, EHQ OCC Recruiter
Accounting and Finance Career Talk (on campus)
Designed to share the skills necessary for finance, accounting and public and private practice.
Monday, October 30 | 5:30 pm–7:00 pm | T Building Gallery
- Chloe Ellis, Group Consultant/Financial Advisor, RBC (Alumni)
- Claire Demner, Controller, Cool Air Rentals (Alumni)
- Mary Tsang, Associate Portfolio Manager, Vancity Investment Management
- Rebecca Dirnfeld, Senior Student Recruitment Officer, CPABC
- Susie Jiang, Assistant Manager, Baker Tilly Canada (Alumni)
Engineer Career Talk (on-campus)
This event is designed to showcase different engineer work including highlights of their careers and current work.
Tuesday, November 7 | 5:30 pm–7:00 pm | Library L224
- Angie Weddell, Neighbourhood Traffic Engineer/Community Planning, City of Vancouver
- Leroux Marais, Machine Learning Engineer, TELUS
- Tommy Chiu, Senior Principal Buildings Engineer, Stantec
See the list of past Career Talks events.
Panelists and event details are subject to change. Check this page for updates.
For any questions regarding Career Talks, contact email@example.com.