The India Connect program is currently on hold. Please check back or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Launch your global career!
The India Connect program is a three-year partnership between Langara College, Optimus Information Inc., and the Asia Pacific Foundation. Each term two students will be provided with the opportunity to complete their work term experience at Optimus Information Inc. in New Delhi, India. The program is designed to introduce students to India's rapidly growing and tech-savvy economy.
The two successful candidates will each receive a $10,000 scholarship to pay for all travel expenses and salary. Optimus Information Inc. will cover daily lunches, an apartment, and transportation to and from work.
Check out photos from previous participants.
Students will benefit in the following ways:
1. You will launch your global career in one of the most dynamic and untapped regions of the world. India has become a thriving destination for business and technology opportunities. The country’s economy is growing, and new businesses are emerging and flourishing. You will learn a lot from working in this environment and will gain experience that will be valued by future employers.
2. It will be easier than you think. English is the language of business at Optimus Information Inc.'s India office and they will help in finding safe and comfortable living arrangements for you near your workplace. Optimus Information Inc. also has a ‘buddy’ system whereby a local staff member can answer questions and help you settle into your workplace.
3. Your four-month term will be completely sponsored. This includes financial coverage for your round-trip travel to India and four months of living comfortably. Accommodation, lunches, and a stipend will also be provided by the employer.
4. You will join a network of ambassadors for the Asia Pacific Foundation Canada-Langara India Connect program. You will be asked to share your experience with others, through blogs and possibly through public speaking engagements, to fellow Langara students, other Canadian post-secondary students, and/or the local business community and other stakeholders.
This program is designed for students unfamiliar India’s economy to explore India’s rapidly growing and tech-savvy economy.
Students in second year or higher from the following programs can apply:
- Computer Science
- PDD Business or Marketing
- General Arts and Science
Co-op and PDD Work Experience students who have already taken EXPE 2300 or EXPE 4801, 4802, and 4803, you can use this work experience to satisfy your Co-op or PDD work term requirements.
Spring (January–April) work term:
- October – Deadline to submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November – Optimus Information Inc. team interviews candidates at downtown Vancouver offices.
- November – Offers will be sent to successful candidates. Students must accept the offer by November
- November - Students register for the appropriate co-op placement course, if applicable. Students also apply for an India Working VISA and book flights.
- December – Optimus Information Inc. secures furnished apartment(s) near the workplace. Pre-departure activities for students at Asia Pacific Foundation.
- January – Students arrive in New Delhi.
- January – Work placement begins.
- April – Work term ends. Students return to Canada.
- May – Students deliver two presentations on their experiences: one to Langara College stakeholders, and another to the Asia Pacific Foundation Board.
Dates are subject to change.