The Co-op and Career Development Centre brings you Career Talks a series of virtual career panels that will feature experts from a variety of industries. Each panel will focus on a different theme including hiring trends, science & tech, business, and more. The panels are open for all registered students, they are held on Zoom and free to attend. Event registration closes 2 hours prior to the start of the event.
Upcoming Fall 2021 Events
Criminal Justice Panel
Friday, October 15 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Register
Industry experts and recruiters speak to careers in policing, fraud, parole, and other criminal justice careers.
- ACI Worldwide – Marc Trepanier, Principal Fraud Consultant
- Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) – Jennifer Campbell, Atlantic Region Recruiter/Superintendent
- Corrections Services Canada – Mike Grant, Pacific Region Outreach and Recruitment Officer
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) – Constable Binita Cieslar, BC Recruiting Team (Alumni)
- Vancouver Police Department (VPD) – Det/Cst. Christian Olver, Recruitment (Alumni)
Tuesday, October 19 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Register
Industry experts will speak to business operations, community development, and human resources.
- DSV Global Transport and Logistics – Liza Malkovich, Business Analyst (Alumni)
- Lexmark – Robin Black, Territory Sales Manager, Channel Partners, North America West
- Organika Health Products – Phillip Cardoso, Sales Support Coordinator (Alumni)
- Rugby Canada – Jamie Levchuk, Managing Director, Business Operations at Vancouver
Friday, October 22 | 2:30 - 3:30 pm | Register
Industry experts will speak to accounting practices from large firms to small companies. A representative from CPABC will also be available to answer questions.
- Coal Island Ltd. – Christine Woodington, CPA, Corporate Accountant (Alumni)
- Fraser Health Authority – Armandeep Sidhu, CPA, Financial Analyst
- SAP – Kacey Du, Integrated Assurance Delivery (Alumni)
- KPMG – Katrina Sekhon, Tax Specialist
Wednesday, October 27 | 5:30 pm–6:30 pm | Register
- CrowdfundSuite – Brett Conkin, Head of Client Growth
- Drinkfill – Andy Chou, CEO (Alumni)
- Fairware Promotional Products Ltd – Denise Taschereau, CEO & Co-Founder
- Todd Duncan Studios – Todd Duncan, Owner Photographer
Project Management Panel
Tuesday, November 2 | 6:30 pm–7:30 pm | Register
Industry experts will speak to their careers in technology, finance, health, and business.
- Electronic Arts – Speaker TBA
- Ledcor – Victor Zeefried, Senior Project Coordinator (Alumni)
- Hootsuite – Brittany Ho, Project Manager
- Provincial Health Services Authority – Emily Chan, Project Leader and Equipment Planner (Alumni)
Monday, November 15 | 4:30 pm–5:30 pm | Register
Industry experts will speak to all aspects of marketing, advertising, and digital marketing.
- Out-Smarts Marketing – Mhairi Petrovic, Digital Marketing Strategist
- RBC - Jeff Junke, Senior Manager Regional Content and Communications
- Telus Business - Tatiane Procopio - Communications Manager (Alumni)
- Check back for more panelists
Human Resources Panel
Monday, November 22 | 4:30 pm–6:00 pm | Register
Industry experts will speak to the hiring process, hiring tips including resumes, cover letters, and interviews. Panelists will also speak to networking. This is an opportunity to gain insights and tips that can help you align your career interests.
- BC Hydro – Melissa Andruff, CPHR, Recruitment Partner
- KPMG Canada – Lisa Lewkowicz, M.Ed., Talent Attraction Manager
- Options Community Services – Speaker TBA, Human Resource Specialist
- Townline Developments – Tammie Wessels, Vice President Human Resources
- WorkSafeBC – Milah Woo,Talent Acquisition Specialist
Past Fall 2021 Events
- City of Surrey – Akber Pabani, Project Engineer, Design & Construction (Geological and Mining Engineering)
- MDA – Fabiano Prado, Systems Engineer (Computer Engineering) (Alumni)
- McElhanney – Pia Abercromby, PEng, ENV (Bridge Engineer)
- Vancouver Fraser Port Authority – Selina Fong, Civil Engineer
- SRK Consulting – Michael Tyne, Senior Consultant (Mining Engineer)
See the list of past Career Talks events from previous semesters.
Employers are subject to change. Check this page for updates.
For any questions regarding Career Talks, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.