From now until April 19, 2018 when you book a massage on Tuesdays or Fridays with our Semester 2 cohort, you will get a second massage therapy treatment for free. The free treatment must be of equal or lesser value. Offer valid for appointments on Tuesdays and Fridays only and both appointments must be used by April 19, 2018. Please mention the 2-for-1 special at the time of booking and payment.
Our CS Diploma in Registered Massage Therapy student clinics are open to members of the public and offer participants assessment and treatment from a supervised student in a learning setting.
Appointments are booked for one hour, a portion of which will be dedicated to a health history interview, assessment of the area to be treated, hands on treatment as well as reassessment and home care suggestions such as stretching or exercises. These clinics give student therapists the opportunity to hone their skills and build their confidence throughout the program.
$40 per appointment for the general public
$30 for Langara alumni
$20 for seniors (over 65) and Langara staff and students with valid Langara ID.
The Student Treatment Fee can be paid by cash, credit or debit. We do not accept American Express.
SPRING 2018 CLINIC TIMES
- Mondays:Treatments can be booked, beginning at 1:30p.m. and concluding at 4:15p.m
- Semester 5 Pre-natal treatments in M11 for moms to be and post-natal treatments up to 6 months post partum. Babies are welcome, however child care is not provided. Start times are between 12:30-4:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays: Treatments can be booked, beginning at 1:30 p.m. and concluding at 4:15 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Treatments can be booked, beginning at 2:00 pm and concluding at 4:45 pm
- Thursdays: No Clinic in session.
- Fridays: Treatments can be booked, begining at 1:30 p.m. and concluding at 4:15 p.m.
- Saturdays: Treatments can be booked with our Semester 3 students with start times begining at 10:30 a.m. and concluding at 1:30 p.m.
- Sundays: No Clinic in session.
Please note: There are no clinics on statutory holidays or long weekends, nor between terms. Upcoming holidays are: Good Friday (March 30th) and Easter Monday (April 2nd).
ICBC, WBC and Health Insurance Claims
If you are currently involved in a claim with ICBC or WCB, unfortunately our students are prohibited from treating you.
Our student massage therapists are not registered and receipts from the clinic cannot be submitted for reimbursement through your insurance provider. The student clinic is a learning environment for non-registered therapists of the Langara RMT Program. Registered Massage Therapists supervise our students but their credentials cannot be used on receipts for purposes of reimbursement. Alteration of these receipts with the intention of submitting them to an extended health insurance company is considered insurance fraud.