Thank you for your interest! We look forward to receiving your application.
A few notes before you begin:
- Deadline to apply for Summer 2023 online or in-person internships is January 23, 2023.
- The GSO program is a federally funded project for domestic students only.
- All accepted and participating students will need to create an online account on the GSO platform to complete a pre- and post-internship survey.
- In-person internships typically require a minimum of 16 weeks (preferably longer) to set up.
- Virtual internships require a minimum of 12 weeks to set up.
- Grant funding received through Global Skills Opportunity will not impact the student’s eligibility to Canada Student Loans or Grants.
- While there are general eligibility guidelines, every application will be individually considered. We encourage any eligible students who are interested in a global work or study experience to apply.
- Once your application is reviewed as eligible, you will be invited to an in-person meeting/interview and you will be asked to provide a Personal Support Letter and a Faculty / Staff Support Letter in February 2023.
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Co-op & Career Development Centre office located in C121.
Do you prefer to complete a MS Word application form?
Download an application then email your completed application to email@example.com or drop off a printed application in person at the Co-op & Career Development Centre in C121 (behind the Bookstore).
About Global Skills Opportunity
Global Skills Opportunity (GSO) is an integral component of the Government of Canada’s International Education Strategy. The program aims to empower post-secondary institutions to increase the participation of young Canadians—especially underrepresented students—in international learning opportunities both at home and abroad.