Yoga Teacher Training
MISSION STATEMENT: We train Yoga teachers in the classical, therapeutic and holistic practices of Yoga. Through comprehensive and experiential learning, our certified teachers create balanced Yoga classes, to support physical and emotional well-being in their communities. We recognize Yoga as a valuable health profession that contributes to personal growth and social change.
- Our programs provide evaluation and mentorship from leading professionals in the field of Yoga and community practicum placements. Whether you are seeking a new career, upgrading your skills, or are simply passionate about pursuing your dream, strengthen your credentials with the Langara name behind you.
- Receive a certificate vetted through Langara College’s Education Council
- First public college in BC offering holistic, traditional and therapeutic yoga teacher trainings
- Experiential, active and heart-centered education learning models
- Train with experienced instructors who have made their passion their profession
- One-time application fee of $100
- Tax deductible, no GST, early bird and alumni discounts
International Association of Yoga Therapists Member School (IAYT)
See the Programs tab for detailed program information!
COLLEGE CERTIFICATE: To ensure that this education will be valued in the marketplace, programs are reviewed and assessed by Langara College’s Health and Human Services Advisory Committee, comprised of leading business and health-care professionals. All certificate programs must be vetted through Langara College’s Education Council before receiving approval as a certificate program.
Langara Holistic Health Center: Grounded in over 15 years of educating holistic health practitioners.
CS LANGARA YOGA IN THE NEWS:
- The Langara Voice Langara grad chooses yoga over meds
- Richmond News: Yoga Bends with Cultural Values
- Common Ground: Yoga - Higher Education Just Got Higher
- NEXT Employment Publication: Flex Your Career as a Yoga Instructor
- Article by Michael Stone: Connect your Yoga Practice to What Really Matters