International students who are interested in enrolling part-time for courses under the Professional Accounting or Advanced Accounting programs are required to comply with academic, English proficiency and study permit requirements. For full-time studies, visit the Advanced Accounting in Canada page for more information.
For more information on international student requirements or assistance in completing your application, contact Natalie Lai at 604.323.5193 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful completion of BC Grade 12 or equivalent (i.e., 12 years of formal education) or successful completion of post-secondary (at least one full academic year), or successful completion of a minimum of 24 university-level credits at a recognized North American university or college.
See a listing of some acceptable international credentials.
English is the language of instruction at Langara College. You are required to demonstrate proficiency in the English language prior to admission to the Professional Accounting or Advanced Accounting programs. You may demonstrate English language proficiency by one of the following:
- TOEFL (paper-based) with a total score of 550 or higher and an essay score of 4.0 or higher
- TOEFL (computer-based) with a total score of 213 or higher and an essay score of 4.0 or higher
- TOEFL (Internet-based) with a total score of 80 or higher and a minimum of 18 in Listening, 20 in Reading, 18 in Speaking, and 20 in Writing
- IELTS 6.5
- CAEL 60 overall with essay 60
- LPI (Language Proficiency Index) Level 4 with essay 24
- IB English A1 or A2 (HL or SL) with a score of 4
- Advanced Placement
- English Language and Composition with score of 3
- English Literature and Composition with score of 3
- LET (Langara English Test) Level 2
- ELA (English Language Assessment) 145 offered by VCC (Vancouver Community College)
- Successful completion of LEAP Level 8
- Successful completion of B.C. Grade 12 English or Communications or equivalent
- Successful completion of a post-secondary English or Communications course for which Langara College awards transfer credit
International students who want to study at Langara are required to have a study permit according to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Visit the International Education website for information pertaining to international students.
For further information about eligibility and application process, visit the CIC website or call the CIC Call Centre at 1.888.242.2100.
Please complete the International Student Application for Admission Form. Students who are requesting exemptions or prerequisite approval will also need to submit the Exemption/Prerequisite Approval Form.
Submit the following documents along with your application forms:
- Copy of work and/or study permit
- Copy of English proficiency proof
- Copy of transcripts from outside of Canada
- Official transcripts from insitutitons within Canada
- CGA/CMA/CA Assessment
You may submit your application by email to email@example.com or mail/drop off to:
Langara College Continuing Studies
Attn: Program Coordinator, Accounting & Finance
100 West 49th Ave
Vancouver, BC V5Y 2Z6
Please note: Official transcripts must come in sealed envelopes and cannot be emailed.
When your application has been approved, you will receive an email from Langara College to confirm your acceptance, with information on how to register for courses and pay tuition fees.
There is a $155 non-refundable application fee, payable by Visa or Mastercard.
Students who require a study permit in order to study at Langara will need to pay $500 non-refundable deposit fee in order to receive a Letter of Acceptance. You will need this Letter of Acceptance to apply for a study permit. Once you have a valid study permit, the $500 deposit can be used towards your course fees.
Students whose study permit application is denied by Immigration Canada can receive a refund on the $500 deposit once they submit their current refusal letter from Immigration Canada.
Tuition fees are currently the same for domestic and international students (subject to change). Refer to course listings for individual course pricing.