Jan Philip Cramer Scholarship for Artistic Excellence
This scholarship is open to domestic and international students who are applying for admission to the Advanced 3D Animation program in September 2019.
There are three scholarships to be awarded:
- $32,500 (50% of full-time program tuition)
- $16,250 (25% of full-time program tuition)
- $9,918 (15% of full-time program tuition)
To be eligible for the scholarship students must meet the following requirements:
- Application to start the Advanced 3D Animation program in September 2019
- Plan to study full-time, on-campus, in Vancouver
- Ability to pay the outstanding tuition fees that are not included in the scholarship
- Maintain an 80% average in each course
- International students must also be able to obtain a Study Permit before the start of the program
To apply for the program and be considered for the scholarship, applicants must submit:
- A completed application package, including a link to your portfolio
- The application fee, with a note to be considered for scholarship
- A paragraph describing why you should win this scholarship
Deadline to apply for this scholarship is April 30, 2019. Submission materials may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Jan Philip Cramer Scholarship" in the subject line.
After the closing date recipients of the scholarship will be chosen based on the quality of their portfolio, which should include at least 15 samples of their best work. Portfolios will be evaluated by independent industry experts, including Jan Philip Cramer. Scholarship finalists will be contacted by email in mid-May.
Students who are not successful in winning a scholarship will still be considered for admission to the program.
Scholarship value will be awarded towards tuition fees in terms 2 through 6.
About Jan Philip Cramer
Phil has led animation for several blockbuster feature films including Jack the Giant Slayer, Ender’s Game, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Pixels, Independence Day: Resurgence, Deadpool and Spider-Man: Homecoming. Phil recently oversaw multiple sequences featuring the character Thanos for Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War. Since 2014, Phil has been overseeing Digital Domain’s Animation Department as Head of Animation while continuing his work as an Animation Director.
"I am incredibly proud to be a part of bringing this scholarship to life. It was my education at Academy of Art University that led me to where I am today as Head of Animation at Digital Domain here in Vancouver. I hope these scholarships will help benefit those with artistic talent to achieve their dreams, and I am delighted to be working with two great institutions like Langara College and Academy of Art. I would encourage everyone with a desire to join our creative industries to apply."
- Jan Philip Cramer