Get set up to learn. We know that studying online can be challenging and we are here to help. Here is a list of what you need to get ready for your studies as well as resources you may find helpful.
Every student will get a Langara email account as soon as you are accepted. You'll need it to receive important information from us throughout your studies. All official college e-mails (including registration info, waitlist offers, campus closures, etc.) are sent to your student e-mail account, which you can forward to your personal account if you wish.
Student Information System
You will need to log into the Student Information System to access admissions, registration, account balances and payments, records, exam schedules, and graduation information.
- Log in to the Student Information System from our Login page
- Your login is your Langara ID Number (a nine-digit number, ex: 199999999) and password.
- Student ID card - Proof of student status for U-Pass, also your Langara Library card
- myLibary - to access books, articles, subscriptions, movies, resources, and more.
- Computer User ID - for using computers on campus
Student Learning Tools
Here is a helpful guide for accessing the most popular learning tools. You will likely use a combination of tools, depending on your courses/instructors. Please note: You must activate your Langara email address to be able to access the systems below.
- Brightspace - an online course management system where you can access materials, assignments, quizzes, exams, and discussion boards. Your Brightspace course opens once the semester begins.
- Kaltura MediaSpace - an online media hosting/streaming service similar to YouTube. You can use MediaSpace to upload, edit, and share your media with other users, and for inserting media into your Brightspace courses.
- Zoom - A web conferencing solution that provides screen sharing, meetings, live chat, and more.
- CourseWeb - WordPress sites that are produced and edited by Langara instructors and students for class learning.
- iClicker - Enables students to engage with instructors to answer questions and poll their through laptops, phones, or clickers.
Virtual Learning Resources
Virtual Learning Support is a place where you can find resources and connect with someone from the Learning Support Team to get help with academic and online learning. On the Virtual Learning Support website, you will find:
- Student FAQ's
- Online learning tips
- Information and links to many Langara student services
- Events calendar
- Peer support
- Academic Integrity
- Accessibility Services
- Athletics & Intramurals
- Co-op & Career Development Centre
- Financial Aid
- Health Services
- Indigenous Education & Services
- Learning Commons & Tutoring
- Registrar & Enrolment Services
- Sexual Violence Support & Education
- Student Conduct and Academic Integrity
- U-Pass BC