The GO Team is open to any Langara student. Don't worry if you don't have any experience. Our team of dedicated engagement staff will be there to support you and help you gain the skills and confidence you need to do a great job. First-year students are welcome to join. Please contact us directly with any accessibility concerns. Explore the FAQs below to find out more about the GO Team and how to register.
The GO Team is made up of a group of dedicated volunteers who provide new students with their first Langara networking experience during Orientation. GO Team volunteers make the transition to Langara easier and more fun while connecting new students with the people, tools, resources, and services they need to become successful Langara students. The peer-to-peer approach takes out hierarchical barriers and allows new students to engage and connect in a relaxed environment. And for the volunteers, it's an opportunity to lead a program and improve communication, leadership, and culture & diversity skills.
We are looking for 50 volunteers to join the Summer 2021 GO Team. These volunteers will participate in training sessions and volunteer at Langara Connects events from April–May 2021.
Volunteering with GO Team offers you a distinctive opportunity to be a part of the Langara community and help new students transition to college while developing and improving valuable skills like leadership, communication, and networking. Plus you'll make plenty of new connections.
All GO Team volunteers will receive:
- volunteer hours for every completed training session and volunteer shift
- specialized training sessions
- a chance to make a difference in the Langara community and make new friends
- a thank you letter and additional recognition throughout the program
The training sessions and volunteer shifts are scheduled for the PST time zone (Vancouver time).
Meet & Greet Session | Attendance optional
This session is to get to know each other and to create a sense of community and support and talk about important skills that make an event engaging.
- Friday, March 19, 2021 from 8:30 am–9:30 am
- Friday, March 19, 2021 from 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
Training Sessions | Attendance mandatory
This is an interactive session to learn more about Zoom, Leadership, Communication and icebreaker activities to be performed in the event.
- Tuesday, April 20, 2021 from 8:30 am–10:30 am
- Tuesday, April 20, 2021 from 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
Practice Sessions | Attendance optional
This is a simulation of an actual event to help volunteers apply learnt skills and overcome any difficulties and gain confidence.
- Wednesday, April 21, 2021 from 8:30 am–9:30 am
- Wednesday, April 21, 2021 from 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
Volunteer Shifts: Langara Connects Events
- Tuesday April 27 from 9:00 am–11:00 am
- Tuesday April 27 from 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Wednesday April 28 from 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Thursday April 29 from 8:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Friday April 30 from 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Friday April 30 from 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Monday May 3 from 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Monday May 3 from 8:30 pm–10:30 pm
- Tuesday May 4 from 7:00 am–9:00 am
- Tuesday May 4 from 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Wednesday May 5 from 7:00 am–9:00 am
- Wednesday May 5 from 7:00 pm–9:00 pm