What is the SSA Program?
The Sustainability Student Ambassador program provides leadership experience for Langara students interested in engaging the community in sustainable practices to create major contributions to social development and environmental protection.
Ambassadors will receive training and have the opportunity to envision, develop, and execute projects related to sustainability. The Sustainability Student Ambassadors raise awareness about ecological issues, encourage environmentally responsible behaviour in the community, and plan sustainability-related events and activities.
What will I do?
· Developing a project charter and working with the team to meet project milestones
· Attending team meetings and providing regular updates on the project status
· Working to promote engagement and awareness efforts related to waste management and recycling
· Helping organize seminars/webinars related to sustainability
· Creating presentations or other promotional materials
· Participating in fundraising efforts and projects in sustainability or renewable energy
· Collaborating with other groups within the community with similar interests
· Presenting at the end of the semester virtual Showcase to report on project results to stakeholders
What are the requirements?
· Current Langara student
· Passionate about sustainability
· Able to commit 3 hrs. a week to the program
· Able to establish priorities and meet deadlines
· Self-motivated and able to work independently
· Team player
· Interested in learning
· Knowledge of social media an asset
Students who volunteer in the SSA program are eligible to submit VOLT hours and be recognized for their contribution.
How do I sign up?
Applications are now open. The deadline for applications is Friday, October 15, 2021.
Please fill out the form below to apply.