Co-op & Career Development Workshops and Information Sessions
The Co-op and Career Development Centre offers workshops each semester to help you get a head start on your job search activities. For a full list of workshops, resume reviews and career exploration visit our events page to register.
Career Workshops Schedule: Fall 2018
Attend a workshop to gain the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to land the position you want.
Finding a Part-time Job In Canada Workshops
- Thursday, October 4 | 10:30 am–11:30 am | Room L216 | Register
- Monday November 5 | 10:30 am–11:30 am| Room L216 | Register
- Monday, October 1 | 4:30 pm–5:30 pm | Room L216 | Register
- Wednesday, October 17 | 10:30 am – 11:30 am | Room L216 | Register
- Wednesday, October 31 | 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm | L216 | Register
- Thursday November 22 | 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm | Room L216 | Register
- Tuesday December 4 | 12:30-1:30pm | Room L216 | Register
Career Development Workshops
- Tuesday, October 16 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Soft Skills and Hard Skills for Your Resume | Room A257 | Register
- Thursday, October 22 | 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm | Cover Letters & the Job Application Process | Room L216 | Register
- Thursday, October 29 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Communication Skills in the Workplace | Room L216 | Register
- Tuesday, November 6 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | LinkedIn Promoting Yourself and Networking | Room L216 | Register
- Thursday, November 22 | 1:30 pm–2:30pm | Information Interviews & How to Prepare | Room L216 | Register
Resume Review Sessions (October 2018)
Registration required for 30-minute resume reviews. Bring your draft resume to a one-on-one review session. Due to high demand and limited time for one-on-one appointments, no shows will no longer be offered one-on-one appointments unless cancellation notification is given (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to your appointment.
- Wednesdays at 10:30 am, 11:00 am, and 11:30 am | Room C124 | Register
- Thursdays at 10:30 am, 11:00 am, and 11:30 am | Room C124 | Register
- Every other Friday starting September 14 - December 7, 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Room C124 | Register
Looking for a job, but don't know where to start? Need help refining your resume? Get answers to your questions in the following areas:
- Career search help
- How to get started in the Canadian workforce
- Resume review help
- Interview practice
- Information interview help
- Understanding the Canadian workplace
- The first day on the job and what to expect
Career Fairs and Pathways Fair
- University and College Pathways Expo | Thursday, November 1 | 10:00 am–3:00 pm | A Building Main Foyer
- Careers in Health Care Fair | Wednesday, November 7 | 1:00 pm–3:00 pm | T Building Gallery
Tech Thursday Speaker Series
Tech Thursday is a series of monthly panels where industry experts will talk about a day in the life of their career, the position and skills required to do their work, and tips for students entering their company. A variety of job types, career paths, and future outlooks will be presented each month.
- Technology Careers in Finance | October 18 | 5:00 pm–6:30 pm | T Building Gallery | Register
- Technology Careers in Health Care | November 29 | 5:00 pm–6:30 pm | T Building Gallery | Register
Co-op Information Sessions
Curious to learn more about the Co-op program? Attend an information session to see if co-op is right for you.
- Tuesday, October 23 | 12:30 pm–1:00 pm | Room C410 | Register
- Thursday, November 8 | 12:30 pm–1:00 pm | Room C410 | Register
- Monday, November 26 | 10:30 am–11:00 am | Room C409 | Register
India Connect Information Sessions
Interested in participating in the India Connect Scholarship Program? This program funds two students in Computer Science or Business undergraduate programs to complete a work placement in New Delhi, India. This opportunity is open to students in the Co-op program or PDD program.
- Wednesday, October 3, 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | A257 | Register
- Tuesday, October 9, 3:00 pm–4:00 pm | A253 | Register
- Thursday, October 11, 3:30 pm–4:30 pm | A257 | Register
Disney Field School Information Sessions
Interested in participating in the Disney Field School program? The program blends academic coursework at the University of California, Riverside and at the Disney University with six months of supervised paid training at Walt Disney World. This program is open to all students.
- Tuesday, October 16 | 10:00 am–11:00 am | Room T226 | Register
- Tuesday, November 20 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Room T222 | Register
- Tuesday, December 11 | 12:00 pm–1:00 pm | Room T228 | Register
*Dates and times are subject to change.