Summer 2020 Semester
The Co-op and Career Development Centre offers career coaching, resume reviews, interview practice, and workshops to help you get a head start on your career. For a full list of coaching sessions, resume reviews, interview practice, and workshops visit our events page to register.
Small Group Career Coaching Sessions (max 6 students)
This drop-in session, by online conference call, is to help students prepare resumes for the Canadian marketplace. We will talk about job search skills, interview scenarios, and students can bring their questions to the session. Find templates for resume, cover letter, and references on our resources page.
Register for a career coaching session and receive the online link (by email) 24 hours prior to the session:
- Tuesday, June 2 | 4:30 pm–5:30 pm | Register
- Thursday, June 4 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Register
- Wednesday, June 10 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Register
- Monday, June 15 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Register
- Monday, June 29 | 1:30 pm–2:30 pm | Register
One to One Resume Review | Register
Register for a one to one 30 minute resume review session. Please have a copy of your resume ready for review. Please note, if you are currently registered in EXPE classes please ask your current instructor for feedback.
Career Workshops - Resumes, Job Search, LinkedIn, Networking
Attend an online workshop to gain the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to land the position you want.
- Interview Workshop | Thursday, June 18 | 4:30 pm–5:30 pm | Register
- Networking Tips and Your Online Presence | Monday, June 22 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Register
- Resume Workshop | Monday, June 23 | 2:30 pm–3:30 pm | Register
- LinkedIn, Thursday, June 26 | 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm | Register
- Job Search Skills during COVID-19 | Monday, July 6 | 11:30 am–12:30 pm | Register
Series Sponsor: Rogers Communications
Tech Thursday is a series of monthly panels where industry experts will talk about a day in the life of their career, the position and skills required to do their work, and tips for students entering their company. A variety of job types, career paths, and future outlooks will be presented each month.
- Jobs in Tech (hear from Tech Recruiters) | Thursday, September 24 | 4:30 pm–5:30 pm | Register TBA
- Careers in Data Analytics | Thursday, October 29 | 4:30 pm–5:30 pm | Register TBA
- IoT and Cybersecurity | Thursday, November 26 | 4:30 pm–5:30 pm | Register TBA
Co-op and Career Week
Meet dozens of employers, expand your network, and get connected in your area of study and beyond at Co-op and Career Week.
- Co-op and Career Week November 16–19, 2020 (registration details TBA)
Thank you for your interest in career development activities.