Co-op & Career Development Workshops and Information Sessions
The Co-op and Career Development Centre offers workshops each semester to help you get a head start on your job search activities. For a full list of workshops, resume reviews and career exploration visit our events page to register.
Resume Review Sessions
Registration required for 30-minute resume reviews. Bring your draft resume to a one-on-one review session for specific times January to April 2020 visit the calendar.
- Room C124 | Register for a one-on-one resume review
Attend a workshop to gain the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to land the position you want.
Finding a Part-time Job in Canada Workshops
- Wednesday, January 29 | 4:30 pm–5:30 pm | Room L216 | Register
- Monday, February 10 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Room L216 | Register
- Thursday, February 13 | 12:30 pm–1:30pm | Room L216 | Register
- Thursday, March 5 | 3:30 pm–4:30 pm | Room L216 | Register
- Monday, March 9 | 4:30 pm–5:30 pm | Room L216 | Register
- Tuesday, April 7 | 2:30 pm–3:30 pm | Room L216 | Register
Career Development Workshops
- Monday, January 20 | 4:30 pm–5:30pm | Defining Your Soft Skills and Hard Skills for Your Resume | Room L216 | Register
- Wednesday, January 22 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Information Interviews | Room L216 | Register
- Thursday, January 30 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | LinkedIn & Networking | Room L216 | Register
- Thursday, March 5 | 4:30 pm–5:30 pm | Cover Letters | Room L216 | Register
- Monday, March 9 | 3:30 pm–4:30 pm | Information Interviews | Room L216 | Register
Tech Thursday is a series of monthly panels where industry experts will talk about a day in the life of their career, the position and skills required to do their work, and tips for students entering their company. A variety of job types, career paths, and future outlooks will be presented each month.
- February 27 | 5:00 pm–6:30 pm | Careers in 3D Technologies | Makerspace, Room A268 | Register
- March 19 | 5:00 pm–6:30 pm | Trends in Technology | T Gallery
- May 28 | 5:00 pm–6:30 pm | Careers in the Internet of Things (IoT) | T Gallery
Co-op and Career Week
Meet dozens of employers, expand your network, and get connected in your area of study and beyond at Co-op and Career Week from March 12–19:
- Preparation event on March 12, including special workshops that will help you refine your resume, dress professionally, and practice your interview skills
- Hear from panelists from various areas including business, sciences, criminal justice, entrepreneurship, and more
- Career fair on March 17
Co-op Information Sessions
Curious to learn more about the Co-op program? Attend an information session to see if co-op is right for you.
- Thursday, February 27 | 12:30 pm–1:00 pm | Room A367 | Register
- Wednesday, March 11 | 2:30 pm–3:00 pm | Room A348 | Register
- Tuesday, March 24 | 10:30 am–11:00 am | Room B027 | Register
*Dates and times are subject to change. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.