Co-op & Career Development Workshops and Information Sessions
The Co-op and Career Development Centre offers workshops each semester to help you get a head start on your job search activities. For a full list of workshops, resume reviews and career exploration visit our events page to register.
Career Workshops Schedule: Spring 2019
Attend a workshop to gain the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to land the position you want.
Finding a Part-time Job in Canada Workshops
- Monday, January 14 | 1:30 pm–2:30 pm | Room L216 | Register
- Wednesday, January 30 | 4:30 pm–5:30 pm | Room L216 | Register
- Tuesday, February 12 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Room L216 | Register
- Monday, January 21 | 10:30 am–11:30 am | Room L216 | Register
- Thursday, February 7 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Room L216 | Register
- Wednesday, February 27 | 1:30 pm–2:30 pm | Room L216 | Register
- Monday, March 11 | 11:30 am–12:30 pm | L216 | Register
- Tuesday, April 2 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Room L216 | Register
Career Development Workshops
- Monday, January 21 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | LinkedIn Promoting Yourself and Networking | Room L216 | Register
- Monday, February 11 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Cover Letters & the Job Application Process | Room L216 | Register
- Monday, February 25 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Exploring Your Hard Skills and Soft Skills | Room L216 | Register
- Monday, March 11 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Information Interviews & How to Prepare | Room L216 | Register
Resume Review Sessions
Registration required for 30-minute resume reviews. Bring your draft resume to a one-on-one review session. Due to high demand and limited time for one-on-one appointments, no shows will no longer be offered one-on-one appointments unless cancellation notification is given (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to your appointment.
- Room C124 | Register for a one-on-one resume review
Looking for a job, but don't know where to start? Need help refining your resume? Get answers to your questions in the following areas: career search help, how to get started in the Canadian workforce, resume review help, interview practice, information interview help, understanding the Canadian workplace, or knowing what to expect for the first day on the job.
Every other Friday from January to April | 2:30 pm–3:30 pm
- January 25 | Register
- February 8 | Register
- March 8 | Register
- March 22 | Register
- April 5 | Register
Tech Thursday Speaker Series
Tech Thursday is a series of monthly panels where industry experts will talk about a day in the life of their career, the position and skills required to do their work, and tips for students entering their company. A variety of job types, career paths, and future outlooks will be presented each month.
- Careers in Computer Engineering | January 31 | 5:00 pm–6:30 pm | T Building Gallery | Register
- Careers in Software Development | February 28 | 5:00 pm–6:30 pm | T Building Gallery | Register
- Careers in GIS | March 21 | 5:00 pm–6:30 pm | T Building Gallery | Register
Co-op Information Sessions
Curious to learn more about the Co-op program? Attend an information session to see if co-op is right for you.
- Thursday, January 31 | 10:30 am–11:30 am | Room A167 | Register
- Tuesday, February 26 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Room A255 | Register
- Monday, March 11 | 10:30 am–11:30 am | Room A237 | Register
- Wednesday, March 27 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Room A237 | Register
Disney Field School Information Session
Interested in participating in the Disney Field School program? The program blends academic coursework at the University of California, Riverside and at the Disney University with six months of supervised paid training at Walt Disney World. This program is open to all students.
- Tuesday, December 11 | 12:00 pm–1:00 pm | Room T228 | Register
*Dates and times are subject to change.