Do you enjoy attending conferences, taking leadership or professional skills training sessions or leading fundraising campaigns?
The Beyond the Classroom Award is a pathway to non-academic opportunities that allows students to grow personally and professionally while increasing their value as local and global citizens.
Students with costs/expenses from personal or professional development opportunities, totalling $500 or more, may be eligible to receive this award.
Examples of awards provided in-past include:
- Student-led initiatives such as topic-specific public forums, fundraising campaigns to support internal fundraising drives.
- Travel costs associated with representing Langara College at student forums, conferences, or award ceremonies.
- Additional training or certification that fulfills the requirements needed for assorted volunteer opportunities such as first aid and coaching certifications for afterschool programs.
- Student (s) must be enrolled in a minimum of two courses per term through the Regular studies division.
- No minimum CGPA required.
- Awards to students will be determined through an application process administered by the Student Engagement department.
Do you have an initiative that needs financial support?
Applications are open every semester.
Summer 2022 Application deadline is May 25, 2022.
Note: Expenses must be occurred in advance. You will be asked to upload proof of payment (copy of receipt) in the application below.
Apply for the Beyond the Classroom Award Below