The StrongerBC future skills grant covers up to $3,500 for eligible short-term skills training programs.
Langara College is pleased to offer several eligible programs and courses through Continuing Studies, listed below. The grant applies to eligible courses and programs available in Spring 2024.
Please note: StrongerBC Future Skills Grant funding will be available in the Spring 2024 term (January-March) for only those learners who initiated a program of study in the Fall 2023 term using their Future Skills Grant funding of $3,500 and whose program extended beyond that first term (midstream learners). To determine whether you qualify as a midstream learner or for more information visit workbc.ca/futureskillsgrant.
Check back for further updates regarding Future Skills Grant funding instructions.
- Register: Complete and submit the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant Declaration and Registration Form.
- Course Selection: Choose the eligible program and review the course schedules. Visit the course/course schedule tab on the program page. For any course questions, contact the Program Coordinator listed in the program area.
- Confirmation: Upon processing your form, you will receive an email containing your registration confirmation.
- Course Payment: If your selected course(s) exceed the $3,500 grant amount, you will receive payment instructions before registration can be confirmed.
- Bookstore & Materials: If you have any future skills grant amount remaining, take your registration confirmation email to the bookstore. You can use the grant to purchase books and materials. Remember to sign the receipt after making the transaction.
Follow the links to learn more about each program and to contact the Program Coordinator with questions about the program. If you're interested in registering for a course with grant funding, use the future skills grant registration form.
View a list of all eligible courses as a pdf file.
Accounting and Finance
- Advanced Management Skills
- Advanced Project Management
- General Business Management - Financial Management
- General Business Management - General Management
- Professional Sales
- Real Estate - Builder License
- Real Estate Trading Services
- Real Estate - Social Housing Management
- Small Business Management and Ownership
The StrongerBC future skills grant is open to British Columbians aged 19 years or older – regardless of financial need – and covers up to $3,500 in eligible short-term skills training at public post-secondary institutions.
Midstream learners’ eligibility criteria for future skills grant funding for the Spring 2024 term are as follows:
- You must have started a future skills grant-funded program in the Fall 2023 term and need to take more courses to complete the original program.
- Only courses that start in the Spring 2024 term, between January 1, 2024 - March 31, 2024, and are required to complete a program or credential that has already started are eligible for future skills grant funding in the Spring 2024 term.
- You must continue with the same program and study at the same institution where you began your program. You cannot switch to a different program or a different institution and retain access to your future skills grant funding for the Spring 2024 term. Funding will be available in Fall 2024 term if you wish to consider other programs or institutions that may be available in the Fall 2024 term.
- You must not have already exceeded your future skills grant lifetime maximum allotment of $3,500.
FSG benefits may have tax implications
The FSG is subject to a lifetime maximum of $3,500
If you are receiving any federal or provincial benefit, such as Employment Insurance (EI) or BC Employment Assistance (BCEA), you must seek approval from the appropriate government body before participating in a program
The amount of FSG funding you receive is subject to review and audit.
Learn more about the eligibility criteria.