IT provides a Linux shell and web environment for instructional purposes: mylinux.langara.bc.ca. This server holds instructional web content, such as websites created by students for the course(s) they are taking.
- Login information is the same as your Computer User ID.
- This server is for instructional use only.
- Data in myLinux accounts is wiped at the end of each semester's exam period.
- mylinux is not meant to promote information pertaining to a department or program. Departments should consult the Communications & Marketing Department for such purposes.
- Quota on myLinux:
- Student - 20MB
- Instructor - 100MB
- Instructors must request access to mylinux no later than 2 weeks before the term begins. After this time, such requests will be processed for next term.
- Students will have access once the class starts.
Who can use this service
- Instructors of courses requiring Linux
- Students in such courses