ID cards for students, faculty and staff are produced at the beginning of each term and at limited times during the term. Check below for times and locations. ID cards can only be obtained if you are currently enrolled in courses, not before or after.
IDs cards are issued by A/V Services Distribution in room C265 (southwest corner on the 2nd floor of the C building), during the following times:
|Monday - Thursday||8:00 am - 4:30 pm (Closed 1:00pm - 2:00pm on Tuesday)|
|Friday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Saturday & Sunday||Closed
What you need in order to get a Student ID card
1. One piece of photo ID with your name
2. Your Langara student number
All first-time Langara Student Photo ID cards are available without charge.
You must be a registered student to obtain a student card.
Continuing Studies students will not appear in the Photo ID system until their first day of classes.
You are eligible to renew your student card for free once every 2 years.
Replacement Student Cards
Available at a cost of $10.
1. Pay the $10 replacement fee at the Student Accounts office (B207 – top floor of B building circular stairs)
2. Bring the receipt to the Photo ID station to be issued with a new card.
A/V will issue a new card free of charge if a student can demonstrate (e.g. Police Report number) that the loss of the ID card was due to circumstances beyond their control (e.g. theft, fire).
ID renewal once every two years is free of charge for every student currently enrolled in classes
Specialised Program Badges – e.g. Nursing, Early childhood education
Fee of $6
1. Pay the $6 fee at the Student Accounts office (B207 – top floor of B building circular stairs)
2. Bring the receipt to the Photo ID station to be issued with a badge.
Reasons for having a Student ID card
Proof that you are a student for holding a U-Pass BC
Access to various services on campus
Access to Langara Library’s media and book collection
If you are a student, a wide range of retail stores and services will offer discounts
Eligibility to apply for a Student Price Card and International Student Identity Card