*Are you an employee? Do you need a Langara ID? If so, please read this article to learn how to request an ID.
Please carefully review the information below before sumitting the Student ID Application Form. When you're ready, click the button below to access the form.
Use this form to request a student ID (smart card)
- To apply for a Langara student ID card (smart card), you must be a current student enrolled in Regular Studies courses or eligible Continuing Studies courses.
- If you're a Continuing Studies student, you may need to wait until your first day of classes to get your ID card.
- You are not required to have a student ID if all your classes are online and you are not on campus regularly, but you are welcome to submit an application.
Most first-time applicants will only need to select the "New student ID" card option. However, students in certain programs (e.g. Nursing) will need clinical badges in addition to their student ID cards.
One of the common reasons to have your application rejected is that your ID picture does not meet the photo requirements. Please make sure to follow the guidelines below when submitting your picture.
- Must reflect your current appearance
- Taken front-on in portrait (vertical) orientation (must not be on an angle)
- Clearly show your face (no hats, sunglasses, or shadows obstructing your appearance)
- Taken against a neutral background, no other visible people or objects in the frame
- In colour, not black and white
- A passport-style picture is usually a safe bet, but you can smile
- Your student ID card lets you enter different campus buildings and classrooms facilities when tap access is enabled.
- It lets you release prints from a tap-enabled printer.
- It proves that you are a Langara student for holding a U-Pass BC (see U-Pass eligibility here).
- It gives you access to Langara Library's media and book collection, as well as various other services on campus.
- Many retail outlets offer student discounts based on student ID cards. Having the card may also allow you to apply for a Student Price Card or International Student Identity Card.
There are no fees for your first ID card. Fees for obtaining a replacement card or a clinical badge are suspended at this time.
Applications will be processed in the order they are received. Depending on the volume of requests, it can take up to two weeks for your application to be processed. While you wait, you can continue to check in through designated building entrances without a student ID. Notifications about your application will be sent to your Langara email account. Please make sure to check it regularly.
Once your ID application has been approved and processed, you will be notified to schedule your pickup. Do not drop in without booking an appointment first.
- Go to the A Building Info Kiosk to collect your card.
- Bring along
- a piece of government ID,
- and proof (e.g. screenshot, printed copy) that you have successfully completed the COVID-19 Safety Awareness course.
- You will need to present them to the Kiosk staff in order to receive the card.
After getting your card
To change or cancel your booking, you can use the "Change your appointment" link at the bottom of the confirmation email you received after making the original pickup appointment.
No, we are not currently mailing student ID cards due to security reasons. They must be collected in person from the A Building Info Kiosk. If all your classes are online and you are not on campus regularly, you don't necessarily need to apply for a student ID card.
No, your student ID card must be picked up in person by you.
No, we are not currently able to use any names other than legal names on student ID cards. If you have had a legal name change, please contact Registrar & Enrolment Services to update your student record.