New students: For information on activating your Computer User ID, click below on the "Computer User ID" tab.
Our IT systems and services require several different user logins:
- Student ID
- Computer User ID
- Federated ID
- Email address
Which Login do I use for each online service? If your name is John Smith, login details would be:
|Student ID||199999999||myLangara, Library account, Library room booking, C3 Job Board|
|Computer User ID||jsmith99||On-campus computers, myFiles, Brightspace by D2L, and myPrint.|
|Federated IDfirstname.lastname@example.org||eduroam Wifi, U-Pass BC Compass website, Lynda.com
|Email Addressemail@example.com||myLangara email|
Activation & Password Reset Instructions
To activate your Computer User ID or reset your password:
- Log into myLangara.
- Select Manage Computer Accounts under the Online Self Service menu
- Select Maintain Computer User ID
- If you are in Regular Studies select ""Maintain Computer User ID - Regular Studies"
- If you are in Continuing Studies select "Maintain Computer User ID - Continuing Studies"
- View your Computer User ID under User ID
- Select ACTIVATE new account or RESET/FORGOTTEN password, enter your Computer User ID and press Activate or Continue
- Activation or Password Reset information will be sent to the non-langara email address you provided the college(click image to make larger)
Note: In order to activate your Computer User ID or reset your password, you need to have a preferred email account setup and it cannot be a Langara email account.
If you do not have a preferred email account setup, please follow the instructions below. Then re-attempt to reset/activate your Computer User ID.
Instructions on how to update preferred email address on myLangara:
- Log into myLangara
- Click on Main Menu
- Click on the Students tab
- Click on Personal Information
- Select Student in Type of E-mail to Insert
- Click Add
- Enter your desired email address in the E-mail field.
- Click on Submit
Note 1: It might take 5 minutes for the system to update email addresses. The preferred email address is set to the last email address added. This is automatic. If you want to change the preferred email address to an older one already in the system you will need to delete that address and add it again.
Note 2: International Students who have applied to Langara through an agent might need to change their preferred email address from their agent's email address to their personal email address on the mylangara website.
Note 3: This is also useful for anyone who no longer has access to their preferred email address.
Your Student ID:
- Your Student ID is the 9 digit number that you are given when you first become a Langara student.
- This number will remain the same as long as you are a student
- If you leave and then return to the college, your original Student ID will still be valid.
- myLangara calls it a password. Web Registration calls it a PIN.
- Your myLangara password and your Web Registration PIN are the same.
- Login to myLangara using the same information you have used to login to Web Registration in the past.
- New students are given a default PIN with their registration package.
Federated identity allows a person to use the same identification data to obtain access across multiple systems. Currently Langara students can access the Translink U-Pass Compass Card system, Lynda.com and Eduroam Wi-Fi network using their Federated ID.
Your Federated ID is composed of the following:
- Your Computer User ID + @langara.ca (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password is the same one that you use to login on campus computers (i.e., accompanies your Computer User ID)