Anatomy & Physiology
Learn more about the human body and its various systems. These Anatomy & Physiology courses are designed for individuals needing a prerequisite for many Langara College Continuing Studies certificate programs, as a preview to further studies in this area, or as review of A&P for career purposes. These courses provide an overview of the structure and function of the body systems. Various health promotion strategies that work toward optimal function of these systems are discussed. These course may qualify as an admission requirement (or corequisite) for a variety of Health & Human Services Continuing Studies Certificate Programs. Please check with the program coordinator for eligibility. If seeking this course as a transfer credit or prerequisite to another institution, please check with the accepting institution to determine transfer and/or prerequisite eligibility.
To view course outlines, please see these links:
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology for Bodyworkers No prerequisites required
- Advanced Anatomy and Physiology for Bodyworkers May be taken concurrently with Basic A&P
- Pathology Introduction for Bodywork Practitioners Prerequisite: Basic A&P
- Basic A&P for Bodyworkers is offered three times per year in terms: January and September (one eve/week format -Tuesdays for 14 weeks) and also in the Summer term (two eves/week - Tuesday and Thursdays for 7 weeks)
- Advanced A&P for Bodyworkers is offered in the January term (Thursday evenings for 14 weeks)
- Pathology Introduction will be offered in the September term (7 alternating Wednesday evenings).
Current offerings dates/times are listed in the courses section of this webpage.
Courses in Physical Assessment may be found here.