Please refer to the information regarding general requirements for Admission and Application to Langara College programs.
- Completion of BC Grade 12 or equivalent, or be 19 years of age or older.
- All students applying to the Professional Photography Program must have a level of English sufficient to write assignments clearly, understand class lectures, follow instructions, and take part in class discussions.
Students will be required to provide proof of English language proficiency in one of the following ways:
- English 12 with a "C" or better
- English Literature 12 with a "C" or better
- English 12 First People's with a "C" or better
- IB English A1 or A2 (HL or SL) with a score of 4
- Advanced Placement
- English Language and Composition with score of 3
- English Literature and Composition with score of 3
- LPI (Language Proficiency Index) level 4 with essay of 24
- LET (Langara English Test) level 2 or better
- Successful completion of LEAP level 8
- TOEFL (Internet-based) with a total score of 80 or higher and a minimum of 18 in Listening, 20 in Reading, 18 in speaking, and 20 in Writing
- TOEFL (paper-based) with a total score of 550 or higher and an essay score of 4.0 or higher
- IELTS - International Language Testing System - minimum level 6.5
- CAEL - Canadian Academic Language assessment test - minimum level 60 overall
- Successful completion of a post-secondary English or Communications course for which Langara College awards transfer credit
- Successful completion of VCC English 099
Once you are admitted into the Professional Photography Program, you will be required to take a Langara English Test (LET). A score of 3 or higher (or equivalent) is required for some of the academic courses in the program curriculum.
- A successful interview with a program faculty member, at which time applicants will demonstrate their ability to communicate effectively verbally, visually, and in writing. They will demonstrate the depth of their photographic knowledge by completing an assessment and presenting a portfolio of relevant work.
Documents Required for Application Evaluation
(Applications will not be considered until all documents have been received.)
- Completed application for admission form.
- Official transcript(s).
- Proof of English language proficiency.
Please refer to the program application dates in the Application Information section on this website.