Director’s direct. What a concept. Film Arts guarantees you will direct two festival quality films, garnering on-screen credits as a director at the end of an intense eight months. And in collaboration with your fellow actors, writers, and directors, you’ll also have credits as a director of photography, editor, and producer. Hard work? You bet. You need drive, ambition, a solid work ethic, teamwork skills and energy to burn to succeed in this career path. A year-end Film Arts festival is the launch pad for the films that your team will promote and screen worldwide.
Directing Stream students will learn how to:
- clearly express, through a director’s notebook, their narrative and visual ideas to their key crew members including the writer, actor, designer and cinematographer.
- block and rehearse creatively and confidently with actors.
- light, shoot, edit, and direct high-definition video projects for festival submissions.
- Completed application for admissions form. Please indicate that you are applying for the Directing Stream
- Official Transcripts
- Letter of Intent citing your goals in joining the Film Arts program
- CV and Resume
- Video Portfolio- portfolio package to be recieved upon initial application approval