International students are invited to visit the campus and meet with the International Education team to learn more about the LEAP Program, university transfer studies, and career programs at Langara College.
The International Education office is open Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm. No appointment is necessary.
Download a guide to LEAP
For admission to LEAP, international students must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Successful completion of 12 years of formal education (equivalent to BC grade 12)
1. Submit application package:
- Complete the application form
- Prepare the application and supporting documents
- Official high school transcript and graduation certificate; or
- Official college or university transcript.
Note: Only official English versions or certified English translations of educational documents will be accepted. No faxed, photocopied, or scanned documents are accepted.
- Provide all relevant information pertaining to English language proficiency
- Submit one file with application and supporting documents through the Fee Payment Portal and pay the $155 application fee.
Note: Once you submit your application, you will not be able to return to add your supporting documents. If you need to send documents after submitting your application, please send them to email@example.com.
2. Receive an Offer of Admission by email
3. Pay tuition fees for the first two sessions. The first two sessions must be taken consecutively.
- $2,988 tuition fee per 7-week session ($5,976 for first two sessions).
Fee includes $500 non-refundable tuition deposit. Tuition for the first two sessions is non-refundable and non-transferable. This policy also applies when a study permit renewal letter is issued.
4. Receive a Letter of Acceptance by email
5. Apply for a study permit at the nearest Canadian Embassy or visa office (if applying from overseas)
6. Report to Langara on your placement test day at the specified time
Refund, Cancellation, and Deferral Policies
New students - first two sessions:
There is no refund for the first two sessions, which you must take consecutively with no study break.
The non-refundable tuition deposit is $500 per session. Other charges may apply for deferrals and cancellations. See below:
- Deferrals: You may defer to a future session up to one month in advance without losing the $500 tuition deposit. After that deadline, you will either lose the $500 tuition deposit, 50%, or 100% of the tuition.
- Cancellations: You will lose the $500 tuition deposit up to two weeks before your session starts. After that you will lose either 50% or 100% of the tuition.
- Note: If you defer or cancel after the Friday of the first week of session, you will not receive a refund.
Deferrals for Out of Country Applicants:
If you applied to LEAP from outside of Canada and cannot attend the session you are registered for because you have not received your study permit, you must notify the LEAP office in writing two weeks before the session start date to request a deferral. If you require a new Letter of Acceptance, you will be charged a $100 administration fee.
If Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) rejects your study permit application, you will be eligible for a full refund (minus bank charges, if applicable). You must first submit your IRCC refusal letter to the LEAP office.
LEAP Refund Policies are subject to change. All fees are in Canadian dollars.