International students are invited to visit the campus and meet with the International Education team to learn more about the LEAP Program, university transfer studies, and career programs at Langara College.
The International Education office is open Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm. No appointment is necessary.
Download a guide to LEAP
For admission to LEAP, international students must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Successful completion of 12 years of formal education (equivalent to BC grade 12)
1. Submit application package:
- Complete the application form
- Pay the $155 application fee
- Provide all relevant information pertaining to English language proficiency
- Provide educational documents:
- Official high school transcript and graduation certificate; or
- Official college or university transcript.
Note: Only official English versions or certified English translations of educational documents will be accepted. No faxed, photocopied, or scanned documents are accepted.
2. Receive an Offer of Admission by email
3. Pay tuition fees for the first two sessions. The first two sessions must be taken consecutively.
- $2,988 tuition fee per 7-week session ($5,976 for first two sessions).
Fee includes $500 non-refundable tuition deposit. Tuition for the first two sessions is non-refundable and non-transferable. This policy also applies when a study permit renewal letter is issued.
4. Receive a Letter of Acceptance by email
5. Apply for a study permit at the nearest Canadian Embassy or visa office (if applying from overseas)
6. Report to Langara on your placement test day at the specified time
Refund, Cancellation, and Deferral Policies
First two sessions:
There is no refund for the first two sessions, which you must take consecutively. Please note that some exceptions may apply (e.g., streamlined study permit programs as designated by IRCC, such as CES students who must take the first four sessions consecutively with no refund).
Study permit renewal:
You must register and pay for two sessions, which you must take consecutively. There is no refund or deferral for these two sessions.
The non-refundable tuition deposit is $500 per session. Other charges may apply for deferrals and cancellations. See below:
- Deferrals: You may defer to a future session up to one month in advance without losing the $500 tuition deposit. After that deadline, you will either lose the $500 tuition deposit, 50%, or 100% of the tuition.
- Cancellations: You will lose the $500 tuition deposit up to two weeks before your session starts. After that you will lose either 50% or 100% of the tuition.
- Note: If you defer or cancel after the Friday of the first week of session, you will not receive a refund.
Deferrals for Out of Country Applicants:
If you applied to LEAP from outside of Canada and cannot attend the session you are registered for because you have not received your study permit, you must notify the LEAP office in writing two weeks before the session start date to request a deferral. If you require a new Letter of Acceptance, you will be charged a $100 administration fee.
If Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) rejects your study permit application, you will be eligible for a full refund (minus bank charges, if applicable). You must first submit your IRCC refusal letter to the LEAP office.
LEAP Refund Policies are subject to change. All fees are in Canadian dollars.