As of September 2017, the course fee is paid through government funding. Register in person at the Continuing Studies Office with proof of Canadian citizenship or immigration status.
The LEAP Program welcomes applications from domestic students - Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, Landed Immigrants, Protected Persons (Refugees), etc.
We are currently accepting applications for new domestic students for the October 23, 2019 start date. Domestic students must apply in person. Applications submitted online will not be processed.
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline to apply for the October 23, 2019 session is Friday, October 18, 2019 at 4:00pm.
- Successful completion of BC Grade 12 (or equivalent)
- 19 years of age (or older)
Submit Application Package in person to the Langara Continuing Studies Office:
- Complete the application form
- Present proof of domestic status (landing papers, permanent resident card, refugee status, Canadian passport or Canadian Citizenship card)
- Pay the $40 application fee (non-refundable)
- If under the age of 19, submit educational document(s) with certified English translations (if required):
- Official high school transcript and graduation certificate; or
- Official college or university transcript
Note: Only official English versions or certified English translations of educational documents will be accepted. No faxed, photocopied, or scanned documents are accepted.
Report to Langara for your placement test on the specified date and time.
Additional funding may be available through the Adult Upgrading Grant (AUG). AUG is intended to support learners most in need with financial assistance for fees, books, unsubsidized childcare, and transportation. For more information, please visit the Financial Aid Office, located on the main floor of the T-building, or email email@example.com.
Refund, Cancellation, and Deferral Policy
Students must complete the session in which they register. Withdrawing from a session may impact their eligibility to register for future sessions.
If a student needs to defer to a future session or cancel their registration, they must notify the LEAP office one month before the current session start date so that full funding can be reversed. Failure to cancel registration in a timely manner may impact a student's eligibility to register for future sessions.