In-store payment is accepted by:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club, Discover)
- Langara Bookstore Gift Card
- Sponsored Account - If you are a sponsored student, we must receive notification of your sponsorship before you can charge your books and supplies. In order to avoid disappointment, we highly recommend that you check with the Bookstore before purchasing materials. At the point of purchase, you must provide your Langara Student Photo ID.
Online payment for MyCampusStore is accepted by:
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard)
- Visa Debit, Mastercard Debit
- Langara Bookstore Gift Card:
- We can now apply Bookstore gift cards to your MyCampusStore purchase. Note: gift cards cannot be applied to access code and eText purchases made on our "Purchase Access Codes" page or on VitalSource. These transactions are processed through third-party distributors.
- Our online store is unable to process gift cards as payment so there are a few extra steps that we ask you to take:
- Place your order through MyCampusStore using your credit card (your card will not be charged immediately). At checkout, write "Apply bookstore gift card" in the special instructions box.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your web order number and a picture of the code on the back of your gift card.
- We will apply your gift card before charging any remaining amount to your credit card.
*In-store and online purchases are subject to the same return policy.*
All products must be in resaleable condition and you must have your receipt.
Textbooks and Course Materials
The last day for Fall 2022 returns & exchanges is September 9th, 2022, in original, resalable condition, and with receipt. Access codes and eTexts are final sale. See FAQ for more details on final sale items.
Clothing and Gift Purchases
Two weeks from the date of purchase to return or exchange. Items must be unused/unworn and in the original packaging/with tags.
Access codes and eTexts
Dissection kits, Molecular kits, Nursing kits
- Guide to the LET
LEAP and LEPP readers
All LPI and LET prep guides
Art paper, batteries, lead refills, gift cards
Electronics, if opened
- Special Order deposits
Shrinkwrapped books are returnable within the return period, as long as they are unopened and you have your receipt.
If you have opened your package, you will need to speak to a staff member before we can approve a refund. If your package includes an access card, the card must be unopened and unscratched. A $5.00 fee may be charged to re-shrinkwrap the package.
Unfortunately, we too have to conform to deadlines from our publishers and suppliers; if we take back books after our deadline has passed, we risk being unable to return the book to our suppliers.
Continuing Studies courses run at all times during each term so your textbooks are usually outside of our regular returns deadline dates. In general, Continuing Studies students have 1 week from the date of purchase to return or exchange.
Effective January 1st, 2017, the federal education and textbook tax credits were eliminated. It does not affect the ability to carry forward unused education and textbook credit amounts from years prior to 2017. Please refer to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) regarding Line 32300 - Your tuition, education, and textbook amounts.