In-store payment is accepted by:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club, Discover)
- Langara Bookstore Gift Card
- Note: Langara Bookstore gift cards can be used for the purchase of general merchandise, clothing, and textbooks. It cannot be used to purchase other gift cards (Amazon, Apple, Subway, Visa, etc).
- Sponsored Account - If you are a sponsored student, we must receive notification of your sponsorship before you can charge your books and supplies. In order to avoid disappointment, we highly recommend that you check with the Bookstore before purchasing materials. At the point of purchase, you must provide your Langara Student Photo ID.
Online payment for MyCampusStore is accepted by:
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard)
- Visa Debit, Mastercard Debit
- Langara Bookstore Gift Card:
- Note: gift cards cannot be applied to access code and eText purchases made on our "Purchase Access Codes" page or on VitalSource. These transactions are processed through third-party distributors.
- We can now apply Bookstore gift cards to your MyCampusStore purchase. Our online store is unable to process gift cards as payment so there are a few extra steps that we ask you to take:
- Place your order through MyCampusStore using your credit card (your card will not be charged immediately). At checkout, write "Apply bookstore gift card" in the special instructions box.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your web order number and a picture of the code on the back of your gift card.
- We will apply your gift card before charging any remaining amount to your credit card.
FUTURE SKILLS GRANT
If you have been approved for the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant and have received course registration confirmation, course materials fees are covered by this grant, provided that you have not reached the maximum grant amount of $3,500. Please check your records to ensure that you still have a grant amount remaining before coming to the Bookstore. Important: If your remaining grant amount is less than the total course materials amount, the Bookstore cannot apply a partial payment. The full amount will need to be paid out of pocket.
Visit our online store to see what materials are required for your course. Read through your options carefully as some titles are optional (not required) and/or there may be multiple formats available (print or digital).
Note: The regular return policy applies to course material purchases using the Future Skills Grant. Before making your purchase, please read through our return policy below, including the FAQ on Continuing Studies courses. eTexts and access codes are final sale. Do not purchase unless you are confident you will stay registered in the course. If you drop the course and your purchase can no longer be refunded, you will be asked to arrange payment with the College.
To purchase in-store, please bring a piece of Photo ID and your registration confirmation email. Grab your books off the shelf and inform the cashier that you are covered by the Future Skills Grant at checkout. You will need to provide your full name and student number.
For distance education students, or if you are purchasing digital materials only, please contact email@example.com from your MyLangara Office 365 email. Please state in the email that you are a Future Skills Grant student and include the following:
- Full Name
- Student Number
- A list (course / author / title / ISBN) or screenshot of the materials you would like to purchase. Please be clear about which format you want – print or digital.
- Your full shipping address and phone number, if applicable (shipping fees are covered by this grant)
*In-store and online purchases are subject to the same return policy.*
All products must be in resaleable condition and you must have your receipt.
Textbooks and Course Materials
The last day for Spring 2024 returns & exchanges is January 12, 2024, in original, resalable condition, and with receipt. Access codes and eTexts are final sale. Purchases after January 12 are final sale. See FAQ for more details on final sale items.
Clothing and Gift Purchases
Two weeks from the date of purchase to return or exchange. Items must be unused/unworn and in the original packaging/with tags.
Access codes and eTexts
- Nursing scrubs (no refunds, size exchange only)
- Guide to the LET
LEAP and LEPP readers
Art paper, batteries, lead refills
Electronics, if opened
- Special Order deposits
Shrinkwrapped books are returnable within the return period, as long as they are unopened and you have your receipt. Loose-leaf textbooks that have been opened are non-returnable.
If you have opened a bound book package, you will need to speak to a staff member before we can approve a refund. If your package includes an access card, the card must be unopened and unscratched. A $5.00 fee may be charged to re-shrinkwrap the package.
Unfortunately, we too have to conform to deadlines from our publishers and suppliers; if we take back books after our deadline has passed, we risk being unable to return the book to our suppliers.
Continuing Studies courses start at different times during each term so your textbooks are usually outside of our regular returns deadline dates. In general, Continuing Studies students have 1 week from the date of purchase to return or exchange.
Effective January 1st, 2017, the federal education and textbook tax credits were eliminated. It does not affect the ability to carry forward unused education and textbook credit amounts from years prior to 2017. Please refer to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) regarding Line 32300 - Your tuition, education, and textbook amounts.