Helpful Tips about the Bookstore
Keep it on Campus! The Bookstore gives any surplus dollars back to the college, and all of their course material is available from the bookstore at reasonable prices. The Bookstore is not a regular store. Our goal is to serve our college community.
Students can use our free online “Compare” tool on the Bookstore website or on MyLangara. It’s a service that compares Langara Bookstore prices alongside other online retailers so they don’t have to, and it shows that our prices are very competitive.
- Amazon Price Matching on NEW textbooks is offered for Amazon.ca prices
Other than “new”, the Bookstore offers LESS EXPENSIVE choices for their course material including:
- USED—save up to 25% over new.
- RENTAL—save up to 50% over new.
- DIGITAL—save up to 30% over new.
- BUY BACK – Students can buy new and then return for up to 50% Cash back at the end of exams during Buy Back.
- COMPARE PRICES / PRICE MATCHING —Order through our Compare Site, a gateway to take advantage of our competitors’ selection and pricing AND still contribute to your campus community. Bookstore now also price matches Amazon.ca.
Help show students how to find their booklist in one place.
We’ve created “Find My Textbooks Tool” which they can use to view, print or shop their personal booklist on MyLangara. They can also compare prices with our free built-in tool.
Find My Textbooks Tool is on myLangara, under the MyCourses Tab
Students can also search, compare prices, and buy textbooks and merchandise online
- Textbook Delivery Service within BC is $9.99
- NEW SERVICE! Textbook On Campus Pick-Up Service is $4
Students can take advantage of these online services to avoid long line-ups during rush intake time.