Thinking of integrating your digital courseware or textbook?
What is integration?
- Integration means directly embedding a textbook and its ancillary materials into your Brightspace course. your course materials remain unchanged.
Why use integration?
- Integration provides an easier, more seamless way for your students to use digital materials. There are fewer pages to navigate through fewer mouse clicks and fewer passwords to manage.
- Integrated textbooks are not subject to taxation, so students see an immediate savings.
- Integration ensures that BC privacy requirements are met, with data stored on Canadian servers.
- Integration creates a direct link to the Langara Bookstore's system for student purchases.
How does integration work in the classroom?
- Students log into your Brightspace course where they get up to two weeks free trial access to their publisher's course materials.
- After the free trial expires, the student is prompted to purchase their materials.
- When the student purchases courseware or textbooks, they are taken to the Langara Bookstore's e-commerce site, where they can complete their transaction and easily return to their coursework. When physical bundles are available, students can also choose to purchase a physical book with an access code from the Bookstore.
- The only thing students need to continue with their work is their order number from the Langara Bookstore.
Things you should know.
- Every publisher uses integration slightly differently.
- The program is constantly growing and evolving to better serve faculty and students.
- The terminology can be confusing - always double-check.
Talk to the Bookstore, EdTech, and/or your publishing sales rep if you have questions or want to embark on this exciting new journey.
To report incorrect information, or to have information added please contact Brendan Hunter.
Last Updated June 2021