Thinking of integrating your digital courseware or textbook?
What is integration?
- Integration means directly embedding a textbook and its ancillary materials into your Brightspace course. your course materials remain unchanged.
Why use integration?
- Integration provides an easier, more seamless way for your students to use digital materials. There are fewer pages to navigate through fewer mouse clicks and fewer passwords to manage.
- Integrated textbooks are not subject to taxation, so students see an immediate savings.
- Integration ensures that BC privacy requirements are met, with data stored on Canadian servers.
- Integration creates a direct link to the Langara Bookstore's system for student purchases.
How does integration work in the classroom?
- Students log into your Brightspace course where they get up to two weeks free trial access to their publisher's course materials.
- After the free trial expires, the student is prompted to purchase their materials.
- When the student purchases courseware or textbooks, they are taken to the Langara Bookstore's e-commerce site, where they can complete their transaction and easily return to their coursework. When physical bundles are available, students can also choose to purchase a physical book with an access code from the Bookstore.
- The only thing students need to continue with their work is their order number from the Langara Bookstore.
Things you should know.
- Every publisher uses integration slightly differently.
- The program is constantly growing and evolving to better serve faculty and students.
- The terminology can be confusing - always double-check.
Talk to the Bookstore, EdTech, and/or your publishing sales rep if you have questions or want to embark on this exciting new journey.
Last Updated November 2022