Please refer to the information regarding general requirements for Admission and Application to Langara College programs.
- Completion of BC Grade 12 or equivalent, or be 19 years of age or older.
- One of the following:
LET with a minimum level 3; LPI with a minimum 26 on the essay and one of 5 in English usage, 5 in sentence structure, or 10 in reading comprehension; BC English 12 or equivalent with a minimum 80%; BC English Literature 12 with a minimum 80%; BC English First Peoples 12 with a minimum 80%; a university-level English or Communications course for which Langara awards transfer credit, with a minimum 'C-'; or 'C' in ENGL 1120; or an 'S' in one of ENGL 1107, 1108, or 1110.
Applicants must complete a Fine Arts Candidate Questionnaire in addition to the college application. Access to the questionnaire will be made in the Application Status folder in the applicant's myLangara account. Applicants must acknowledge, via the Questionnaire, that they have comprehended the online information session, available through the Langara Fine Arts website.
A portfolio of art work indicating students' areas of interest and involvement in art may be required but should not be submitted unless the department specifically requests one.
Documents Required for Application Evaluation
(Applications will not be considered until all documents have been received.)
- Completed application for admission form.
- Official transcript(s).
- LET or LPI scores (if applicable).
All admission requirements must be completed and documentation submitted by the following dates:
- Fall Semester: August 1
- Spring Semester: October 31
- Summer Semester: February 28
- Students must pay a materials fee in each studio for each term of the program for basic supplies, and they must also purchase a specific list of personal supplies/tools.
- Students should expect to commit about 4 hours of studio work per week per studio in addition to class time. Please refer to the program application dates in the Application Information section.