Langara Wi-Fi Networks:
- The eduroam and eduroam5GHz networks are encrypted wireless networks that uses the WPA2 security protocol.
- The Langara network is an unsecured wireless network: communications are not encrypted.
Langara has wireless access in all buildings (except in stairwells). All access to wireless networks requires a valid Computer User ID and password.
How to connect to Wi-Fi (eduroam):
- Connect to the Langara network
- Open a web browser and go to wifi.langara.ca
- Enter your Computer User ID and password
- Go to wifi.langara.ca again
- Follow instructions to setup eduroam/eduroam5Ghz
* You must activate your Computer User ID before you can connect to WiFi
- Langara IT strongly recommends using eduroam and eduroam5GHz networks for any confidential or sensitive data communications.
- The standard 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n Wi-Fi protocols are supported on Langara's wireless networks.
- At this time, Android devices (all versions) cannot be automatically configured; follow listed steps for manual configuration.
- Android version 4.0. has a bug that does not allow connections to eduroam or eduroam5GHz. These devices can only use the Langara network.
- The eduroam5Ghz network provides a faster connection. To see the eduroam5GHz network, your mobile device must a support 5Ghz connection.