Tips for your first day
What to bring
- Bring a notebook and pen
- Know your lunch plans – are you going to bring your own or do you need to buy lunch. If you would like to purchase lunch on campus, there a number of food outlets available.
- Parent consent form – all camps require a completed Parental Consent form. Campers that don't have a completed Parental Consent Form, will not be able to particpate in a camp until a completed form is submitted.
- Familiarize yourself with the campus - we have prepared a special campus map for summer campers. Download here.
- Bring any extra items for your camp -
If you are attending one of the following camps, make sure you have the additional items that the instructors would like you to bring to enjoy the camps.
- Introduction to Digital Music Production/Advanced Digital Music – headphones
- Capture your summer: Teen Photography Summer Camp – DSLR camera
- Graphic Novel and Manga Camp/Advanced camp - sketchpad, 05 or 08 black micron pen, ruler, 2H and dark HB pencil , white or Staedler cleaning eraser, cotton rag, roll of toilet paper (yes, you read that correctly)
- Introduction to Coding – Headphones, 8GB USB
- Advanced Coding for Game Development - Headphones, USB 8GB
Getting to Langara
The College is located at 100 West 49th Avenue, Vancouver. For directions on getting to Langara, visit the Facilities website.
- Public Transit: The College is located minutes from the Langara-49th Canada Line Skytrain station. Bus stops for the Metrotown/Dunbar/UBC (49) are also located in front of the College. To plan your trip, visit http://www.translink.ca/
- Drop Off and Pick Up: There are two designated drop off zones that we recommend for drop-off and pick-up. Entries to these parking lots are off Ontario St – both marked on the Summer Camp campus map. There will be signage at these locations to help you find your way to registration.
- Driving: Paid parking is available on campus. All day parking will cost $7. See map below for parking locations. Paid parking is available on campus in the student parking lots. For information, visit the Langara parking page.
Where to go
Langara is a small campus. Signs will direct summer camp participants to the main foyer of the A building for camp registration and package pick-up on the first day.
- Camp check-in: 8:30 to 8:45am
When you arrive on campus, go straight to the A Bldg to check in and pick up your camp package, see campus map for location. The check in desk will be located near the front doors of A building.
- Start your camp
Camp instructors will greet students and take them to the classroom or lab for the duration of the camp.