Moving on to a Bachelor’s degree after the Langara RMT Program:
Here is a link to the Thompson Rivers University site, and the Partner Institution Transfer Agreement. Enter Langara into the Search bar for information on the Registered Massage Therapy Diploma: https://www.tru.ca/distance/transfer-options/transfer-agreements.html
To receive a Bachelors degree students have to complete 120 course credits at a Bachelor degree level. Graduates of the Langara RMT Program receive 69 course credits towards this degree. They need to complete another 51 course credits to complete a Bachelor of Health Science degree.
Prior Learning Assessment:
Prior learning credits may be granted to students who have completed stduies related to Masage Therapy (such as Kinesiology or a Spa Practitioner program). The Prior Learning Assessment process requires a detailed assessment between similar courses and can take up to 2 months to complete. All courses must be completed within the previous 5 years from the start of the semester.
Students must complete a minimum of 50% of the Langara RMT Program to receive a Langara CS Diploma. At minimum, students need to complete the second year of the Langara RMT Program to meet this 50% requirement.
Prior Learning Credits (exemptions) are allocated once hard copy documentation of successfully completed courses is received. Detailed course outlines must include the following: learning objectives, core competencies and the semester schedule of topics covered.
The Prior Learning Assessment process includes assembling the following documents:
- The RMT Program Application documents required for acceptance into the Langara Program including the $100 Application fee
- The course outline/syllabus with textbook information for all successfully completed courses that you want assessed
- An original transcript from the previous school with final grades of 75% and higher
- Completion of the Prior Learning Assessment form listing each course for requested assessment
- The Prior Learning Assessment fee of $350
Transferring Between RMT Schools:
Students interested in transferring directly from another Massage Therapy program should contact the Program Coordinator.