Moving on to a Bachelor’s degree after the Langara RMT Program:
Langara courses in the RMT Program transfer over to Thompson Rivers University for a Bachelor's degree is Health Sciences. Here is a link for more information: http://www.tru.ca/distance/partnerships/transfer-agreements/langara-college.html
Transferring Between RMT Schools – completing the Prior Learning Assessment
The RMT Program curriculum can vary greatly between accredited schools. Langara has a comprehensive program with an additional semester compared to some other RMT schools in BC. The process requires a detailed assessment between courses of both schools and can take up to 1 month.
Students must complete a minimum of 50% of the RMT Program at Langara to receive a Diploma. If all previously completed RMT courses do transfer over, the student needs to complete at least second year at Langara to meet this 50% requirement.
Prior Learning Credits are allocated once hard copy documentation for already successfully completed courses has been received. Detailed course outlines must include the following: learning objectives, core competencies and the semester schedule of topics covered.
The Prior Learning Assessment process includes assembling the following documents:
- The RMT Program Application documents required for acceptance into the Langara Program including the $100 Application fee
- Obtain all of the course outlines/syllabus from completed courses
- An original transcript from the previous RMT school
- Completion of the Prior Learning Assessment form listing courses for review/assessment
- The Prior Learning Assessment fee of $350