Moving on to a Bachelor’s degree after the Langara RMT Program:
Langara courses in the RMT Program transfer over to Thompson Rivers University for a Bachelor's degree is Health Sciences. Here is a link for more information: http://www.tru.ca/distance/partnerships/transfer-agreements/langara-college.html
Transferring Between RMT Schools – completing the Prior Learning Assessment
The Registered Massage Therapy Program curricula can vary greatly between schools. Langara has a comprehensive program with an additional semester when compared to some other RMT schools in BC. The Prior Learning Assessment process requires a detailed assessment between similar courses of both schools, and can take up to 1 month to complete. All courses must be completed within the previous 5 years from the start of the semester.
Students must complete a minimum of 50% of the Langara RMT Program to receive a Langara Diploma. If all previously completed RMT courses do happen to transfer over, students need to complete the second year of the Langara RMT Program to meet this 50% requirement.
Prior Learning Credits (exemptions) are allocated once hard copy documentation of successfully completed courses has been received. Detailed course outlines must include the following: learning objectives, core competencies and the semester schedule of topics covered.
The Prior Learning Assessment process includes assembling the following documents:
- The RMT Program Application documents required for acceptance into the Langara Program including the $100 Application fee
- Obtain all of the course outlines/syllabus with textbook information for successfully completed courses
- An original transcript from the previous RMT school with final grades of 75% and higher
- Completion of the Prior Learning Assessment form listing each course for requested assessment
- The Prior Learning Assessment fee of $350