The 14-week full-time intensive program focuses on employment services, offering a series of courses that meet the national standards for Career Development Practitioners. Graduates are prepared for a range of careers including employment counsellor, career development practitioner, vocational consultant, job developer, career development caseworker, and career coach. Students will also have an opportunity to complete two workplace practicums to put the theory into practice. If you are aiming to finish the full certificate but can only take few courses at a time, please speak with the coordinator to arrange a course plan.
- Career Development Theories
- Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Career Planning and the Role of Assessment
- Work Search Skills and Employment Development
- Roles of Facilitation and Job Finding Club
- Proposal and Grant Writing
- Career Development Planning and Managing
- Information and Research Management
- Personality Dimensions® Level 1 training (Must attend all 3 days to be eligible to write the Certification exam on the 3rd day)
- Workplace Practicum (2 placements - 4 weeks)
Courses can be taken individually or as part of the Certificate program. The program follows the Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners.