This program provides a strong practical and theoretical foundation in beginner beekeeping. Compared to other programs, graduate will gain extensive practical experience. Five of the six courses have a practical component, whereas most other programs have minimal or no practical application. To earn a certificate, students must complete a total of 6 courses and 36 instructional hours and a one hour final exam. The Exam for Sustainable Urban Beekeeping will take approximately one hour to complete and a passing grade of 65% is required.
Click on Course names to view detailed course outlines.
- Getting Started in Beekeeping (5 hours/ .5 CEUs)
- Spring Management (5.5 hours/ .55 CEUs)
- Integrated Pest Management (6 hours/ .6 CEUs)
- Taste of Honey: Summer Management and Honey Harvesting (5.5 hours/ .55 CEUs)
- Bee Conservation and Bee Garden Design (8.5 hours/ .85 CEUs)
- Winterizing Your Hive (5.5 hours/ .55 CEUs)