|March 9, 2018||Friday||1500 hrs||A130||50036|
|March 23, 2018||Friday||1500 hrs||A130||50037|
|April 23, 2018||Monday||1300 hrs||A130||50038|
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions. To register for an MDT, please contact The Office of Continuing Studies at 604-323-5322.
The MDT can be written before or during any registration period. Please note that the results are valid for one year, and that the student will normally not be allowed to write the MDT in each of two consecutive semesters unless evidence of upgrading or successful completion of additional mathematics courses is approved by the Departmental Student Advisor.
Immediately after writing the test, each student meets with a departmental Advisor to consider the student's most recent transcript and the current test results. The results of the assessment are normally entered into the web-registration system within 48 hours. Students who wish to register immediately should ask the Advisor for a prerequisite override after the student receives the test results.
The results are entered as a numerical code; each code corresponds to eligibility for a course. The numerical code does NOT equal the percentage grade achieved on the test. The minimum requirements for each course are:
- MATH 1100 requires MDT 50 (write Test 1)
- MATH 1101 requires MDT 55 (write Test 1)
- STAT 1124 & PSYC 2321 require MDT 53 (write the STAT Test)
- MATH 1190 requires MDT 58 (write Test 1)
- MATH 1150, Math 1118 require MDT 60 (write Test 1)
- MATH 1162 requires MDT 65 (write Test 2)
- MATH 1152 requires MDT 70 (Test 2)
- MATH 1170 requires MDT 75 (Test 2)
- MATH 1153 requires MDT 80 (Test 2)
- MATH 1174 requires MDT 85 (Test 2)
- MATH 1173 requires MDT 90 (Test 2)
- MATH 1171 requires MDT 95 (Test 2)
Note that if a student writes MATH Test 1, and scores a code "60", then that student will qualify for MATH 1100, MATH 1101, MATH 1190, MATH 1150 and STAT 1124. A student who writes MATH Test 2 and scores code 95 will be eligible to take any of the above courses.
The MDT is applicable only to Langara College courses and programs. The Langara Math/Stats Department does not recognize diagnostic test results from other institutions.