You MUST apply as early as possible for student loan funding!
To apply for BC Student Loans go to: www.studentaidbc.ca and apply now for the Spring (January) 2018 term.
The B.C. Ministry of Education pays tuition and fees directly to Langara College from all approved BC/Canada Student Loan funds (Daycare fees are exempt from this directed payment.) If the Student Loan funding is insufficient to cover tuition and fees, students must pay the difference to the College.
Students must also pay the College or be refunded, when there are subsequent changes to study costs, resulting from adding or dropping courses.
Students who have received approvals for their BC/Canada Student Loans:
- If you receive approval before 2100 hours on December 15, 2017 an automatic fee deferral for tuition and fees will be processed and you will not be dropped from your courses.
- Log in to myLangara to check if this deferral is in place.
Students with approved out-of-province loan funding:
- If you are receiving a student loan from another province, you may apply to the Financial Aid Department for the Deferred Payment Plan no later than December 15, 2017. You must provide written documentation of the approval and funds pending.
- If you are out of province during the registration period, contact the Financial Aid Department to organize the deferral.
Students receiving sponsorship funding:
- If you expect to receive sponsorship funding, you will not be dropped for non-payment provided you can provide written documentation of approval and funds pending. Contact the Langara College Student Accounts Department (second floor, B building) before December 15, 2017. Please do not contact the Financial Aid Department in regards to this matter.
NOTE: Students enroled in half semester courses may not be eligible for Student Loan funding. See the Financial Aid office for options.