You MUST apply as early as possible for student loan funding!
To apply for BC Student Loans go to: www.studentaidbc.ca and apply now for the Summer (May) 2019 term.
The B.C. Ministry of Education pays tuition and fees directly to Langara College from all approved BC/Canada Student Loan funds (daycare fees are exempt from this direct payment). If the student loan funding is insufficient to cover tuition and fees, students must pay the difference to Langara College.
Students must also pay the College or be refunded, when there are subsequent changes to study costs, resulting from adding or dropping courses.
In order to be eligible for a fee deferral and avoid being dropped from your courses for non-payment, you must qualify under one of the following categories:
Fee Deferral Categories
Students who have received approvals for their BC/Canada Student Loans:
- If you receive approval before 2100 hours on April 23, 2019 an automatic fee deferral for tuition and fees will be processed and you will not be dropped from your courses.
- Log in to myLangara, under ‘Account Balance & Payments’, to check if this deferral is in place.
Students with approved out-of-province loan funding:
- If you are receiving a student loan from another province, you may apply to the Financial Aid Department for the Deferred Payment Plan no later than 1600 hrs on April 23, 2019. You must provide written documentation of the approval and funds pending.
- If you are out of province during the registration period, contact the Financial Aid Department to organize the deferral.
Students receiving sponsorship funding:
- If you expect to receive sponsorship funding, you are required to provide written documentation of approval and funds pending to Student Accounts no later than 1600 hrs on April 23, 2019. For Student Account’s contact information, please click here.
- Please do not contact the Financial Aid department in regards to sponsorship funding.
NOTE: Students enrolled in half-semester courses may not be eligible for student loan funding. See the Financial Aid department for options.