If you are a Continuing Studies student, visit the Continuing Studies Waiting List page for waitlist information.
How does Waitlisting work
When a student attempts to enrol in a course section that is full there may be the option to waitlist. When a seat becomes available that has been allocated to your student group:
- The first student on the waitlist is offered the seat and has 24 hours to complete the registration process when their waitlist position changes to 0. Check your 'Waitlisted Courses' page by logging in to myLangara regularly (daily) to monitor your waitlist position and to check for any waitlist offers. Students are also notified via email however do not rely on email alone since an incorrectly entered email address or any delays in the email system could result in you missing a registration offer.
- Students receiving a waitlist registration offer must either register for the course or drop from the waitlist by the notification expiry date and time. If no action is taken by this date and time, students will be dropped from the waitlist automatically and the offer will be issued to the next student on the waitlist.
Waitlist offer schedule
June 18, 2018 - September 10, 2018:
- Offers go out as seats become available except for the dates/hours the registration system is closed (see Registration Access Schedule)
- You have until the notification expiry date and time to accept the offer by registering in the course.
- No offers will go out after 1200 hours on September 10, 2018. Offers that are sent on September 10, 2018 will expire at 2100 hours on the same day no matter what expiry date and time is indicated on your ‘Waitlisted Courses’ page.
Online (Section AW1) Courses
The waitlist system for these sections (AW1 only) will cease on September 4, 2018. If you are waitlisted for a section AW1 (online) course on this date, you should contact the instructor on the first day of classes, September 4, 2018.
How to check for offers
- Login to myLangara
- Select Registration
- Select Currently Waitlisted Courses
Note: if your waitlist position is '0', you are eligible to register for the course section up until the waitlist notification expiry date and time.
Check for offers daily. You will also be notified via email but don't rely on email alone since any delays in the email system or an incorrectly entered email address could result in you missing a registration offer.
Where do I go to see if I have a waitlist registration offer and how can I be sure not to miss an offer?
Check your ‘Waitlisted Courses’ page by logging in to myLangara regularly (daily) to monitor your waitlist position. Don’t rely on email alone since an incorrectly entered email address or any delays in the email system could result in you missing a registration offer. A waitlist position of 1 means you are next to receive a waitlist offer once a seat becomes available. A waitlist position of 0 means that you are currently offered a seat in the course and have until the Notification Expiry date and time to register in the course (an email notice was sent to you shortly after the time of the offer).
Which email address will receive the waitlist registration offer?
The notification email is sent to both your myLangara email address as well as your ‘Preferred’ email address. It is the student's responsibility to check their email and to keep their preferred email up-to-date. You can update this information by selecting ‘Personal Information’ and then ‘Update E-mail Addresses’ on myLangara.
Will I automatically be registered in the course if given a registration offer?
No, you will not be automatically registered. To register after receiving an offer, you must go to the "Register (Add/Drop) Courses" screen in myLangara and register in the course.
Do I still need to “confirm” to keep my place on the waitlist?
No, you will remain on the waitlist until you register for the course; drop from the waitlist; your registration offer notification time period expires; or the waitlisting period ends.
How do I register or drop the course section after I have a waitlist registration offer?
- Login to myLangara
- Click on Registration
- Click on Register Add/Drop Courses
- To register for the waitlisted course: Select Register from the Add or Drop Courses drop-down list next to the appropriate course section.
- To drop from the waitlist: Select Drop from the Add or Drop Courses drop-down list next to the appropriate course section.
Do I have to pay tuition for waitlisted courses?
No, tuition is only charged when you register for the course. Refer to Fee Payment & Refund Policy for more information.
Can I waitlist for more than one section of a course?
Yes, you can waitlist for more than one section. However, you cannot be registered in one section and waitlisted for a different section of the same course.