If students wish to stop taking a course after the course drop/refund period, they must officially withdraw from the course. Students can withdraw from courses by visiting Langara's login page. Please note that courses withdrawn after the drop deadlines will not be eligible for a refund.
The final withdrawal dates for regular and accelerated half-semester course sections are noted in each semester's Important Dates. After the final withdrawal date, an "N" grade is assigned to students who do not complete the course.
An "N" grade is included in the calculation of the grade point average and it carries a grade point equivalent of 0.00.
The withdrawal notation is not included in the calculation of a student's grade point average and is not included when determining academic standing.
Note: Once a final assessment or grade for a course has been determined, students cannot change that assessment or grade by withdrawing from the course.
Refer to Important Dates for specific semester dates and times.
Online access to drop or withdraw from courses is available until 2100 hours, Monday through Sunday, except for closures.
Please note that if you have any outstanding fees, your withdrawal cannot be processed.
How to withdraw from a course
Only log into one device and one browser at a time. To withdraw from a course, please follow these steps:
- Visit Langara's login page
- Click on Registration
- Click on Withdraw Courses
- If prompted, enter the appropriate semester and click on Submit Semester
- Select Withdraw from the dropdown menu beside the course you would like to withdraw from
- Click on Submit Transactions
- Check your transcript. When you successfully withdaw from a course, a "W" will appear in the grade column.
- Click on Logout. Logging out prevents registration and security issues.