Please refer to the information regarding general requirements for Admission and Application to Langara College programs.
- Completion of BC Grade 12 or equivalent, or be 19 years of age or older.
- Applicants will be required to provide proof of English language proficiency in one of the following ways:
- BC English 12 or BC English Literature 12 or BC English 12 First Peoples or equivalent with an 80% or better;
- IB English A1 (Higher Level) with a score of 5 or higher;
- AP English Composition or Literature with of score of 4 or higher;
- LET level 3 or better;
- LPI (Language Proficiency Index) with a minimum of 26 on the essay and one of 5 in English usage, 5 in sentence structure or 10 in reading comprehension;
- IELTS - International Language Testing System - minimum level 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in Reading and Writing;
- TOEFL - internet-based (IBT) score of 80 with a minimum 18 in Listening, 18 in Speaking, 20 in Reading, and 20 in Writing;
- TOEFL - paper-based 550 with TWE (Essay) score of 4.0;
- CAEL 70 overall with essay 70; or
- Successful completion of a post-secondary English or Communications course with a minimum "C" grade for which Langara offers university-transfer credit OR ENGL 1120 at Langara College with a minimum "C" grade.
- Letter of intent, citing how the Digital and Print Publishing Program will support the applicant's career goals.
- Committed, creative applicants with developed skills in comparable areas, e.g., those who have successfully completed, either at Langara College or elsewhere, programs (or their equivalents) such as Journalism, Professional Photography, Library and Information Technology, Display+Design, Design Formation, Fine Arts, Marketing Management, Business Management, or second-year Arts and Sciences.
- Applicants with work experience in the publishing industry or those who have set up, or are planning to set up their own digital or print publishing business.
- Applicants with a strong background in fine arts who present a professional-level portfolio.
Documents Required for Application Consideration
(Applications will not be considered until all documents have been received.)
- Completed application for admission form.
- Official transcript(s).
- English assessment scores (LET, LPI, IELTS, TOEFL, or CAEL).
Please refer to the program application dates in the Application Information section.
Advanced placement may be available to those who possess approved writing, editing, design, and computer skills, and those who have worked, or are working in the publishing or printing and related industries, or in corporate communications.
Admission to a program does not guarantee registration in required courses. Students interested in the Digital and Print Publishing program are strongly encouraged to check individual course prerequisites and submit relevant documents to Registrar and Enrolment Services well in advance of the registration period.