Find the information you need
In addition to thousands of print books and DVDs, the Library has an extensive, growing collection of electronic resources including e-books, e-journals and streaming media. The library's online resources can be accessed both on and off-campus.
For a preview, check out:
- Over 30,000 ebrary e-books
- Major article databases including JSTOR, Academic Search Complete, Medline, ScienceDirect... & more
- High-impact e-journals like Nature, Sex Roles, MFS, PNAS, NEJM, Chronicle of Higher Education... & thousands more
- Major streaming media collections: Curio.ca CBC Portal - NFB Films Online - Kanopy - Criterion on Demand
- Use Quick Topic Search on the Library home page to search across (almost) everything in the library collection
Can't find what you want? Contact your subject librarian.
Collection Goals and Priorities
The Library collection, whether housed in the Library or accessed online, is intended to support current course and program goals at Langara College. In order of priority, the Library acquires materials to:
- support curriculum needs of students
- support instructional needs of faculty
- collect materials beyond the academic curriculum but related to academic success
- collect materials of current topical interest
- support faculty research related to course development
For more information about our selection criteria and purchasing policies, please see our Collection Development Guidelines.