Group Study Rooms, Smart Tables and Mini-Theatres
The library has 8 bookable group study rooms, 4 Smart tables and 2 mini-theatres. Advance booking is available for up to 14 days in advance and open to Langara students only.
- Each group study room has a table, chairs and electrical outlets. They seat between 4-8 people.
Book a group study room now
- The Smart tables are located at the north end of the Library's 1st floor. Group members can create and share content by connecting their own laptops to a large monitor. They seat 6 people.
Book a Smart Table now
- Each mini-theatre has a large monitor connected to a computer. Ideal for practicing presentations
Book a mini-theatre now
The Library can deny access to any group or individual for misuse or inappropriate behaviour.
To ensure fair access, please observe the following guidelines:
- Study rooms and Smart Tables are for use by Langara students for group study and collaborative work related to Langara courses. They are not intended to provide space for regularly scheduled tutorials.
- An active Langara student ID card is required.
- Rooms and Smart Tables can be booked two weeks in advance on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Bookings are available to groups of 2 or more people.
- A group may book a maximum of 2 hours per day, per group.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late, you lose your booking.
- If a room or the Smart Table is not occupied or booked by a group, individuals may use either for single person use. Groups have priority and individuals may be asked to move to accommodate a group.
L Building is managed by different partners on campus. To book space in L Building:
Display cases and wall display areas on the 1st floor of the L building:
Email your booking requests to Linda Ma (Email:firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
- Your name
- Telephone local
- Bookings last one week, starting and ending Monday at noon (e.g. Aug 7 - Aug 14, Aug 14 - Aug 21, etc.)
- Purpose of your display
- Type of display (e.g. flat poster, hanging photos, 3D displays and exhibits.)
- Indicate which display case/wall area(s) you wish to book. View map and corresponding photos (updated June 1, 2017)
Your request will be confirmed within three (3) working days of receipt.
Bookings can be made up to one year in advance. Plan ahead!
Library space including L216 and L108:
Research and student study have priority in the Library.
Contact Linda Ma, Department Assistant
Areas outside of the Library including the Study Lounge on the 2nd floor (L224):
Contact Raymond Yeung, Facilities Services Coordinator