Group Study Rooms, Smart Tables and Mini-Theatres - STUDENT USE ONLY
The library has 8 bookable group study rooms, 4 Smart tables and 2 mini-theatres. Advance booking is available for up to 14 days in advance and open to Langara students only.
- Each group study room has a table, chairs and electrical outlets. They seat between 4-8 people.
- The Smart tables are located at the north end of the Library's 1st floor. Group members can create and share content by connecting their own laptops to a large monitor. They seat 6 people.
- Each mini-theatre has a large monitor connected to a computer. Ideal for practicing presentations
The Library can deny access to any group or individual for misuse or inappropriate behaviour.
To ensure fair access, please observe the following guidelines:
- Study rooms and Smart Tables are for use by Langara students for group study and collaborative work related to Langara courses. They are not intended to provide space for regularly scheduled tutorials.
- An active Langara student ID card is required.
- Rooms and Smart Tables can be booked two weeks in advance on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Bookings are available to groups of 2 or more people.
- A group may book a maximum of 2 hours per day, per group.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late, you lose your booking.
- If a room or the Smart Table is not occupied or booked by a group, individuals may use either for single person use. Groups have priority and individuals may be asked to move to accommodate a group.
Book space in L Building
NOTE: L Building is managed by different partners on campus.
Display cases and wall display areas on the 1st floor of the L building:
The display cases and wall display areas in the Library are self-managed. Please sign into myLangara to book your preferred days/times.
Library space including L216 and L108:
L216 and L108 are strictly reserved for use by the Library and Learning Commons. Booking is not available for these spaces.
Research and student study have priority in the Library. For enquires to use library spaces outside of library hours, contact:
Glenda McClean, Circulation Supervisor Email: email@example.com | Tel: 604-323-5528
Areas outside of the Library including the Study Lounge on the 2nd floor (L224)
Filming in the Library
Student use of the library space for research and study is a priority. As one of the busiest spaces on campus, filming during library opening hours will not be permitted to minimize disruption for our users. To request filming when the Library is closed, please submit your request to Facilities (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will coordinate all requests. Please include in your request details about the film and the scenes to be filmed, the specific locations needed within the Library, and the dates and times of the proposed filming.
The Library will evaluate each request for off-hours filming individually with substantial considerations given to the adequate availability of certified security to supervise the filming, and the potential risks to our facility, equipment and collections.