Langara Yoga programs genuinely changed my life. It’s like being given a beautiful gift. I love my work. Dive in, get ready for your life to change! Fiona Summers, Alumni
Langara's 60 hour certificate program advances yoga teachers and healthcare professional knowledge in the field of trauma informed yoga.
Practice, design and teach trauma informed yoga classes or private session with established protocols that are transferable to a variety of individuals, populations, and work environments.
Explore how and why trauma, anxiety, depression and addictive behaviours manifest.
Identify how yoga supports mental health conditions, and can build emotional well-being and resilience.
Classical Yoga Philosophies and Practices
The Eastern & Western Paradigms of Emotional Well-being
A Trauma Informed Approach to Yoga Teaching
February 1 – March 3, 2019
Weekends (9:30am – 5:30pm, 8 hrs/day): Feb 2/3; Feb 9/10; Feb 16/17; March 2/3
Friday Evenings (5:30pm-7:30pm, 2 hrs): Feb 1 & Feb 15
PROGRAM COST: $1219
10% early bird discount if registered by January 19, 2019: $1098
A $100 non-refundable application fee. *Open to yoga teachers, clinicians and healthcare practitioners.
Application Deadline: January 21, 2019
Part-time program is 60-hours (6.0 CEUs) including in-class and distance learning hours.Program includes teaching practice with feedback.
Download a detailed program information guide.
“I would recommend this program to anyone who wants to deepen their understanding of how yoga can be used as a therapeutic tool, and who is interested in experiencing personal and professional growth." - C. O'Hara B.Ed., MSW. RSW
Langara's 80 hour certificate program advances yoga teachers and healthcare professionals knowledge in the field of pain management. Research has pointed to the efficacy of yoga as a complementary therapeutic intervention for chronic pain.
- Bridges the chasm between modern pain science and yoga through the application of yoga techniques, philosophies and practices.
- Practive, design and teach restorative yoga, therapeutic breathing, and mindfulness base stress reduction techniques for pain management to clients and groups.
- Identify the needs of individuals living with chronic pain from a trauma informed perspective.
- Restorative Yoga Therapeutics for Pain Management
- Understanding Modern Pain Science
- Yoga Philosophy and Applications for Pain Management
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) for Chronic Pain
- Chronic Pain and Trauma
- Professional Practice
- March 22 – May, 18, 2019
- Weekends: March 23 (9:30 – 5:30); March 24; April 6/7/13 (9:00 – 5:30); April 14 (9:00 – 5:00); May 18 (9:00 – 5:30)
- Friday & Wednesday Evenings: Mar 22 (6:30 – 8:00); March 27/29 ; April 3/5/10/12; May 15 (6:00 – 9:00); May 17 (5:00 – 8:30)
10% early bird discount if registered by March 8, 2019: $1435.50
- A $100 non-refundable application fee. *Open to yoga teachers, clinicians and healthcare practitioners.
- Application deadline: March 16, 2019
- Part-time program is 80 hours (8.0CEUs) including in-class and distance learning hours.Program includes teaching practice with feedback.
- Download a detailed program information guide.
"Thank you for this rich exploration of yoga and pain management! Such a depth of information, from science to practical applications. The level of instruction was excellent. The faculty were knowledgeable and open to student inquiries, allowing for personal refection to better understand from within, in order to serve others. The benefits of this program will be far reaching, one person at a time. Healing and caring." L.E., Mental Health Practitioner
A NEW certificate program providing in-depth training in the emerging field of yoga therapy. Yoga therapy supports a client-centered, strengths based approach to healthcare. The program highlights the importance of yoga therapy as a preventative and supplementary healthcare practice for physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual wellbeing. Our interdisciplinary program bridges eastern and western health sciences for an integrative approach to health and healing.
This program equips professionals with an in-depth experience of the application of traditional and therapeutic Yoga practices like asana (postures), pranayama (breathing practices), meditation and lifestyle choices that support physical and mental well-being. Graduates will be able to work with a client or group of students with the aim of addressing primary health issues and supporting them to choose appropriate techniques to develop an on-going personal practice.
- Foundations in Yoga Therapy
- Ayurveda Foundations in Yoga Therapy
- Integrative Yoga Therapy Skills 1
- Integrative Yoga Therapy Skills 2
- Anatomy and Physiology for Yoga Therapists
- Yoga Therapy for Mental Health
- Business Management
- Professional Practice 1
- Professional Practice 2
- Classical Yoga Philosophies and Practices*
- Eastern and Western Paradigms of Emotional Wellbeing*
- A Trauma Informed Approach to Yoga Teaching*
- Yoga Philosophy and Pain Management Application*
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) for Chronic Pain*
- Chronic Pain and Trauma*
- Restorative Yoga Therapeutics*
- Understanding Modern Pain Science*
- Professional Practice*
*Note: Program includes courses from the Therapeutic Yoga for Pain Management (6 courses), and Therapeutic Yoga for Trauma and Resilience Program (3 courses). It already taken, credit will be applied.
Type: part-time *(up to two years to complete based on IAYT standards)
Entry date: September 2019
Location: Broadway, Main Campus
Cost: Contact the Program Coordinator for additional information.
Students must also have a 200-hour yoga teacher training certificate or equivalent professional practice.
Please Note: The price listed in the Spring 2019 printed Catalogue is the price per semester.
Summer Intensive: May-Aug 2019
WHY CHOOSE LANGARA YOGA?
The only certified program by an institution of higher learning in BC, Langara’s YTT program is a holistic intensive that immerses students in the rich tradition of yoga practices and philosophy.
Align your practice with your passion. Develop the clarity, confidence, and skills to practice and teach postures, breathing techniques, and meditation practices.
Learn to embody the teachings of yoga. With a skillful blend of pragmatic teachings and philosophical depth, teachers emerge from the program able to teach yoga in contemporary settings while rooted in ancient wisdom.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
We introduce yoga as a process of living the present moment through awakening your physical, psychological and spiritual capacities. Take part in classical Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga practices focused on keeping the body and mind healthy and flexible.
- Teach the Holistic Yoga class model that brings together mantra, pranayama, warm-ups, asana, savasana, and meditation.
- Prepare thematic class lesson plans, and design a progressive series that supports your development as a teacher.
- Teach with an in-depth understanding of anatomy, alignment, contraindications and modifications for practice.
- Discuss common injuries and how to maintain a safe classroom for students of all abilities.
- Cultivate self-confidence with the ability teach, motivate and inspire students.
- Learn to practice and teach beginner meditation and pranayama techniques.
- Articulate a unique vision for teaching Yoga as a starting point for creating a small business or practice.
- Explore the subtle energetics of Yoga as a transformative practice.
- Discover techniques to develop a home practice that will support personal growth throughout the program.
- Apply Ayurvedic practices for self-care, healing, and well-being.
SCHEDULE: includes in class and professional practice/distance learning hours.
- May 6,15,22,29
- June 5,12,19,26
- July 10,24
- Aug 7,21
Friday (6-8pm); Saturday (8:30-5:30pm); Sunday (8:30-4:00pm)
- May 3/4/5
- May 17/18/19
- May 31; June 1/2
- June 14/15/16
- June 28/29/30
- July 12/13/14
- July 19/20/21
- August 9/10/11
- August 23/24/25
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: PERSONAL/PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE: Yoga practice and/or professional background related to field of study. Open to yoga practitioners, teachers and health care practitioners (Nurses, RMT's, Chiropractors, Doctors, Physiotherapists, etc.)
EDUCATION AND LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: (see website)
APPLICATION STEPS: Complete application form (see website)
- Tuition: TBA
- Early bird Tuition: 10% discount if paid in full by April 1th:
- Payment Plans: May be paid in full or over 2 academic terms without discount
- Additional Costs: Books, Completion of a 1-day Emergency First-Aid course in order to apply for graduation at end of program.
This training can assist you with challenges in every area of your life. If you want a truly traditional experience of yoga beyond the asanas, then register today. It’s a beautiful journey. ~Judy Lyon (2015 alumni)