ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Yoga Teacher Training and Therapeutic Yoga Certificate Programs
EDUCATION AND LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- IELTS 6.5 with no band less than 6.0
- TOEFL (Internet-based) with a total score of 80 or higher and a minimum of 18 in Listening, 20 in Reading, 18 in Speaking, and 20 in Writing
- TOEFL (paper-based) with a total score of 550 or higher and an essay score of 4.0 or higher
- PTE Academic with a score of 58
- CAEL 60 overall with essay 60
- LPI (Language Proficiency Index) Level 4 with essay 24
- ELA (English Language Assessment for VCC) 145
- Successful completion of LEAP Level 8 (or BCCAT articulated EAP IV)
- Successful completion of B.C. Grade 12 English or Communications or equivalent with a minimum of 70%
- Successful completion of a post-secondary English or Communications course for which Langara College awards transfer credit with a minimum of 70% or B-
- IB English A1 or A2 (HL or SL) with a score of 4
PERSONAL/PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE: Yoga practice and/or professional background related to field of study. Open to yoga practitioners, teachers and health care practitioners (Nurses, RMT's, Chiropractors, Doctors, Physiotherapists, etc.)
1. Complete the Yoga Teacher Training Certification Programs Application Form and include:
- RESUME: Your work history and education
- PERSONAL ESSAY: Double-spaced, typed, one-page, answering:
- How long have you been practicing yoga, and what style?
- How do you plan to use your teacher training in practice?
- What are your personal and professional goals related to the program of study?
- Your physical and mental health history
- PAYMENT: A cheque or money order, made out to “Langara College Continuing Studies”, or credit card payment below, for the non-refundable, non-transferable application fee of $100.
2. Submit your completed application via email:
Naseem Gulamhusein, Program Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail to:
Attn: Naseem Gulamhusein
601 West Broadway, Unit M11
Vancouver BC, V5Z 4C2
Acceptance into the program is determined through the admission process and upon application review. You will be contacted via email to inform you of your admittance into the program.