Sport Science & Coaching
This area applies scientific principles to sport performance and health. These courses are beneficial to coaches, fitness professionals, and those in sport/fitness development and management.
Upon completion of these National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Introduction to Competition Courses students will receive NCCP training, which is a recognized credential to being a sport coach in British Columbia and throughout Canada. Note: Each Series is offered two times per semester. View course details.
NCCP Introduction to Competition A Series:
- Making Ethical Decisions (SPSC1101)
- Sport Nutrition (SPSC1102)
- Planning a Practice (SPSC1100)
NCCP Introduction to Competition B Series:
- Teaching and Learning (SPSC1104)
- Basic Mental Skills (SPSC1105), and
- Designing a Sports Program (SPSC1103)