Langara is set apart through its high standards, the comprehensive knowledge offered to its students, and its focus on client management. As a public post-secondary institute with research capability and a Research Ethics Board, Langara is the obvious choice for your massage therapy training.
The CS Diploma in Registered Massage Therapy Program is designed to prepare graduates to be independent, and successful health care professionals. Upon graduation you will not only meet but exceed the entry-to-practice requirements of the College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia (CMTBC). This accelerated, intensive, two-year, full-time program delivers curriculum beyond the standard in key areas such as Nutrition, Gross Anatomy Field Studies, Business Skills for RMTs, and additional course work in manual therapies such as cranial sacral technique and visceral manipulation.
Langara's Diploma in Registered Massage Therapy is fully recognized by the CMTBC.
- BC's first public post secondary institution to offer RMT training
- Additional course work in Cranial Sacral Therapy, Myofascial Release, Muscle Energy Technique and Visceral Manipulation
- Gross Anatomy (cadaver) labs
- Expanded curriculum in Business Practices for RMTs and Massage Therapy for Athletics
- June 12, 2019 for September start, 2019 // International students: May 1, 2019
- October 16, 2019 for January start, 2020 // International students: September 1, 2019
Schedule: 2 years, full-time. Most classes are 8:30-4:30, Monday - Friday. Langara does not offer a part-time option for the RMT Program.
Class days and times vary from semester to semester - some evening and/or Saturday clinics in Semester 3 and 5
- Year 1: $14,856 ($4,952 per semester - 3 semesters per year)
- Year 2: $14,856
- International students (including USA) please refer to the International Students section
- Tuition is paid by semester over the six terms
- Program is eligible for student loans
Estimated additional costs:
- Books: approx $3,500
- Supplies: $1,200
- Non-refundable Langara RMT Program application fee: $40 for domestic students
- Langara Student Union fees (vary each term) that provide unlimited U-Pass, extended medical and dental benefits. Yearly cost is approximately $1300. Students must have basic MSP coverage.
This course is required as a prerequisite for application to the CS Diploma in Registered Massage Therapy Program. Introduction to Massage Therapy courses offered by other RMT Schools in BC, including: similar content and a minimum 12 hours duration may be accepted. Students must submist appropriate documentation to confirm successful completion with their application to the RMT Program. Courses must have been taken within 2 years from the first day of class. Please contact the Program Coordinator if you have questions.