Langara is set apart through its high standards, the comprehensive knowledge offered to its students, and its focus on client management. As a public post-secondary institute with research capability and a Research Ethics Board, Langara is the obvious choice for your massage therapy training.
The CS Diploma in Registered Massage Therapy Program is designed to prepare graduates to be independent, successful, and professional health care professionals. Upon graduation you will not only meet but exceed the entry-to-practice requirements of the College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia (CMTBC). This intensive two-year, full-time, program delivers curriculum beyond the standard in key areas such as Nutrition, Gross Anatomy Field Studies, Business Skills for RMTs, and an additional certificate in Subtle Manual Therapies.
Langara's Diploma in Registered Massage Therapy is fully recognized by the CMTBC.
- BC's only public post secondary institution to offer RMT training
- Additional certification in Subtle Manual Therapies (Cranial Sacral Therapy, Myofascial Release, Muscle Energy Technique and Visceral Manipulation)
- Gross Anatomy (cadaver) labs
- Expanded curriculum in Business Practices for RMTs, and Nutrition
- June 13, 2018 for September start, 2018
- October 17, 2018 for January start, 2019
Schedule: 2 years, full-time. Most classes are 8:30-4:30, Monday - Friday. Langara does not offer a part-time option for the RMT Program.
Class days and times vary from semester to semester - some evening and/or Saturday clinics in Semester 3 and 5
- Year 1: $14,565 ($4,855 per semester)
- Year 2: $14,565
- International students (including USA) please refer to the International Students section
- Tuition is paid by semester over the six terms
- Program is eligible for student loans
Estimated additional costs:
- Books: approx $3,500
- Supplies: $1,200
- Non-refundable Langara RMT Program application fee: $100
- Langara Student Union fees (vary each term) that provide unlimited U-Pass, extended medical and dental benefits. Students must have basic MSP coverage.
This course is required as a prerequisite for application to the CS Diploma in Registered Massage Therapy Program. Introduction to Massage Therapy courses offered by other RMT Schools in BC, including: similar content and a minimum 12 hours duration may be accepted. Students must submist appropriate documentation to confirm successful completion with their application to the RMT Program. Courses must have been taken within 2 years from the first day of class. Please contact the Program Coordinator if you have questions.